1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Shells

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by School Teacher, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

What is the availability of Federal Gold Medal trap loads in your area?

Around Louisville, KY, all I see is the Wal-Mart Federal value pack of multi-purpose shells. We used to have a gun shop that stocked them but they closed up a few years ago. I can buy them at the KY state shoot or from Gamaliel Shooting Supply but not locally.

Is Federal concentrating on lower priced shells?

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

All I see are the cheapo's.

3. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Estates (aka Federal) are everywhere.

4. PODO

PODO TS Member

Gun Shops in my area will not stock my favorite Federal Papers because of the price and quantity they have to buy from the suppliers. The only way I have been able to obtain them is by buying them directly from a supplier. Shooters in the area are now buying the econo shells due to the high prices. - TOM

5. TCB Mono

TCB Mono TS Member

School Teacher, Try the coast to coast hardware store in Charlestown, IN .
    They did carry Federal and lots of paper, about 12 miles east of Louisville
    Hope they have what you need. TCB

6. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

They went up. $58.00 a flat now.

7. School Teacher

TCB Mono

Coast to coast hardware in Charlestown, IN must have closed down as there is no listing by that name according to ATT and MSN white and yellow pages.

I will visit Gamaliel Shooting Supply during the Christmas holidays and pick up some supplies.

I shoot mostly STS hulls these days but still like to shoot Federal Gold Medal hulls from time to time. I have a supply (about 2000) of the older ribbed hulls that have been fired multiple times. They still crimp well and shoot well. I still have a flat of the old ribbed Federals that I will shoot up to get the hulls. I like the older ribbed hull better than the new slick hull.

I was Transportation officer in the ARMY and the color of Federal Paper and Gold Medal plastic hulls matches the brick red color of the Transportation Corps. Transportation Corps red and OD green are my two favorite colors.

It may sound a little corny but I like the brick red color Federal shells.

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

For a school teacher I would have thought your research skills would be a little better than what they seam to be ... the below only took a couple of seconds to find.

Coast To Coast Hardware
    1107 Market Street
    Charlestown, IN 47111
    (812)256-6601

They must also sell fabric as well since they also popped up on a fabric store result search website but that might be because there is also a Ben Franklin store listed at the same address and with the same phone number.

They also show a True Value Hardware for the same address and phone number but that might also be because Coast to Coast Hardware I think falls under the True Value banner of stores. It looks like that they actually might also call themselves "Charlestown Home and Garden" as well.

Seems like a regular small town variety store ... dang I miss the small town type of living.

9. School Teacher

Lumper:

Thanks for the new telephone number.

Coast to Coast Hardware is now a True Value Hardware Store. I called them and they no longer handle Federal shotgun shells.

Thanks Again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.