1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Shells draw at Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mt6, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt6

mt6 TS Member

I was at the Grand this year and heard a name called the person came forward to claim the prise < a year supply of Federal Shells> over the PA system they said I cannot reminder his name/s is from Canada and federal does not ship to Canada ,he does not quilify for this draw, and said they would have to draw again and the person must have a US address to qualify, and called out another name with a US address.
    I do not understand this, at the Shell house the sign said < buy shells and your name goes into a draw for a year supply of shells, no other information was posted.
    Why was the Canadian disquified, federal has lots of distribritors in Canada ????
    Can someone explain this to me.

Thanks
    Wayne Lyman

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why not ask Gamiels??

Don

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This is not the Grand Canadian shoot. Figure it out.

HM

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

They(Gamaliels) said right there and then that it was too involved and costly to ship that amount of shells to an individual in Canada with all their border restrictions. Their contest, their rules.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

If they'd open a store in Saskatoon wouldn't that solve the problem???

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Just a side note.

Federal laws apply.

A Canadian cannot legally take ammunition won, given to, found, or purchased back to Canada.

The only ammunition a Canadian may return to Canada is the ammo in his/her possesion when entering the U.S.A. and was listed on ATF Form 6NIA.

Subject to $10,000 fine.

If Gamaliels had an association with a company in Canada something might have been worked out, but if not, very exspensive.

Also, shotgun barrels require U.S.A. export permit.

Cannot take possesion of a firearm that was purchased. Must go through an FFL who will export to Canada.

Export of powder and primers in not allowed!

8. grntitan

Along the same lines, one of my friends from Austrailia who attends the Grand every year (as well as a few other shoots while here)was telling me about how involved it is bringing a gun to the US from Austrailia. He said the process needs to be started a minimum of 8 weeks out and that's not allowing for unforeseen problems. He ended up buying a trap gun that he keeps in the States just for the shoots he attends while here. He said that way he doesn't have to deal with the BS.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This is really a catch 22 for the folks at Gamliels because a lot of Canadians buy shells from them at the Grand ... I could see where anyone who purchased their ammo on the grounds only to be eliminated from the drawing by a technicality (sp) would have their nose out of joint unless they were told up front before making any purchase from them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

This whole thing could have been easily resolved by giving the person a check for the value of the shells or offering an equal value of approved merchandise from their catalog

11. grntitan

It was easily resolved. They drew another name. Easy enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.