1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Shell???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Beretta687EELL, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I was told today that Federal will not be shipping or manufacturing any of the "cheap" shells (ie: Top Guns) until August 15th. The reason was that they have lost a lot of $$$ selling the cheap shells and are "restructuring" their shell business.

Any truth to this rumor? Bill Malcolm

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

my guess,is they are waiting for the same drop in price in lead as everyone else is.

bill

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

And why would they sell the shells to lose money? They would just have to raise the price. Which they did.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I heard that they are not making any more Estates. HMB

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Yes it is true

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I was told the rumor that Estates will be marketed by the big dealers like Sportsmans Warehouse and Cabellas and Top Gun could be sold by the small independent dealers. What is the difference between Estates and Top Gun ?? We were also told that Winchester was no longer making Super Targets and want you to pay the premium price for AA's instead so I dunno what to believe.

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I believe that in the end we all will know the truth.

I also believe that there are aliens and they live amongst us and that to be free from detection by both them and by the federal government agencies that are keeping track of them and searching for those they do not know about yet that is why I where tin foiled undergarments so as to not be mistaken for an alien but the aliens also believe that ... well they believe that in the end shotshells will be shotshells and you will be able to find them in the same places as before.

8. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Several years ago I thought Fed bought the Estate business to get the machinery and market. Most of us have heard of the drop in lead prices. If the shell mfg.s bought a lot of lead at the high prices I can understand not wanting to get behind in the $$$. But, I'll guarantee that shells made with $.75 a lb lead were sold as if they were filled with $1.50 lb. when the prices went up. We pay and will continue to pay be it shells, gas or food.

9. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. Bill Malcolm

10. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Maybe the Estates/Top Guns/Gun Clubs were just competition against the imports. And the sinking dollar has killed the import shell business. Why compete against a product that is no longer a threat?

11. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

Market share, and brand loyalty.

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

Brand loyalty????

I will shoot ANYTHING that patterns decently if it is less expensive than what I now shoot.

Don

13. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Sure, market sahre is importanat. That's why the priced their ammo where they did when there was a serious threat from imported ammo. But they can charge more for their promo loads now the plunging dollar has driven up the price of the imports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.