1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Rebates: Why So Difficult To Get

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by In plain view, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In plain view

In plain view Member

Been hearing a lot about shell rebates etc. Purchased 5 cases of Federal Paper Shells with the intent on getting a $20.00 rebate on each case purchased. Been a faithfull purchaser of Federal products for years but ran into a stone wall when I began inquiring how to file for the rebates. Regardless what they have processed in the past I'm being told now that that they "no longer" accept the bar codes off the case itself but require that the bar codes, off each and every box, must be submitted to qualify for the rebate. Lady I spoke to at Federal even stated that I could use a razor blade and peel off the bar codes on the boxes. Evidently this lady never tried using razor blades to "peel" off the bar code cause it doesnt work. I even read on here a couple days ago that Winchester and Remington were giving immediate rebates at the Grand but not Federal. They want you to use the mail. Makes no sence to me so why even offer rebates... JMHO. Bob in Los Angeles

2. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

I sent in my rebates-with the case upc-and got my rebate within 2 weeks.PerryM

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If they wanted you to get the rebate, they would be doing what Remington and Winchester are doing. I'm not a big fan of rebates reguardless of the product.

ss

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Let me offer a quick lesson in Marketing 101: The whole profit-generating mechanism of mail-in rebates is to motivate purchases without ever paying anywhere near all of them. Sickening, but true.

-Gary

5. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

Who cares? Send it in get your money, just saying if $100 is gonna break you if you get it now or in a few weeks then you are in the wrong sport. JMHO

6. leadvail

leadvail Member

I didn't have an issue using a razor blade to remove the bar codes from each box and mail in a envelope. Don"t cut all the way through the box.I took advantage of all 3 for a total $300. Federal was first back in 2 weeks, Winchester 6 weeks and Remington 9 weeks. Bob

7. miner1

miner1 Member

Says right on the rebate form that bar code from the flat is good enough. Sent mine in with 5 cardboard bar codes a couple of weeks ago and received my check yesterday. The check was in a real envelope, not just a note card that is easy to throw away.

8. In plain view

In plain view Member

Jacob Guthrie: I don't need your smart ass remarks. For your information $100.00 means squat to me. All I was "trying" to do was advise my fellow trap shooters that Federals rebate procedure has holes in it. Now please let me enlighten everyone: If you go on the Internet and look up rebates for Federal the form clearly says: 1: Completed rebate coupon (online coupon download acceptable 2: Original UPC's for each box (case UPC's are not accepted) 3: Orginal cash register receipts. Person at Federal confirmed what item #2 says.
    I reload a lot and I do not relish the idea of cutting up 50 fresh boxes so I can get a cheep ass rebate. I'm too old for this rebate b.s. Bob

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

If you're too old for the rebate BS, donate your receipt & boxes to the charity of your choice.

Phil Berkowitz

10. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

The problem is!!! the first rebate forms.... purchase between apri1,2011 and oct 31 2011 stated box upc's (case upc's accepted in lieu of individual boxes) now FEDERAL changed the form and doesn't want to pay!!! I have the first form in front of me. The form many of us used!! Think they are deadbeats if they don't honor their first form!!

11. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

I reload too and I don't cut up the boxes if you take a knife and just barely cut into the box you can get the rebate and still save the box. They purposely make it hard for everyone regardless of age because the more trouble it takes the less rebates they have to pay out.

12. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have removed many bar codes from the boxes without hurting the boxes. Use a BRAND NEW GOOD single edge & make a couple of lite score marks on 3-4 sides of the code then slip the blade under the edge & peal back. So do it while you are watching the TV commercials. And if it takes four hours to get 50 labels(that is 12 1/2)per hour cut & prepared to send-----let's see now,that is $25 an hour,tax free. Money that Barrak Boy can't take from you. Good money for watching TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.