1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal rebate?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bubbaw, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

Anyone know if Federal is doing the rebate this year? Thanks

2. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

You will be lucky if Federal even makes any more shotshells

More money in metalics for hoarders

SG shells are low dollar high volume. Wouldnt be surprised if more got out of the biz.

regards

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I heard yesterday that Rem will not be making STS and Nitros anymore---Can't find any Rem primers and forget fig 8 wads---Better hang on to what you have.Can't find AAs either----Sorry to be negitive but you have to tell it like it is----JMO---SJB

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

blah, blah, blah...

name a legitimate source...

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

bigm---All I know is the supplier I use can't find any of those that I spoke of above---BLAH---BLAH----Let me know where I can find any Rem stuff--And if you find the Rem stuff,be ready to dig deep--That's the source I'm using ---Thanks

SJB

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Taken recently.

grntitan_2009_250353.jpg

grntitan_2009_250354.jpg

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Dig deep is right SJB.

Thats why I started using win 209's in my Remington hulls. Besides it drops the powder charge down also. A little tight the first loading but OK after that.

the rumor about remington getting out of the target shell and supply business has been floating around for a while. No one knows for sure tho.

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I can't tell from the photo---Are they STS and Nitros and where are the primers and wads----I know there are gun-clubs available---I was talking STS and Nitros---If they are,Id like some----Can't find them at my supplier---
    Thanks----SJB

9. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Just use the downrange clone of the figure 8 I assure you they are making them. They're a excellent wad. As for primers don't know. As for sts or nitro shells not being made??? Would hope they won't stop making them. I like to reload them :)

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Those ain't no Gun Clubs, them there are STS. There are Nitros there too. Several pallets of them came in just about a week and a half ago. AA's came in and went out FAST!!

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I was told that Rem don't make Gun-Clubs anymore---They come from another country and the aren't making STS and Nitros anymore----Can't tell for sure but that's the rumor I heard---SJB

12. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Likes to shoot---Your right on---I just bought 5000 win 209s and pd $150.00---
    Last Rem primers I saw were $200.00 for 5000----Like I said ---Dig deep for Rem stuff----SJB

13. lost & Dead

lost & Dead Member

Forget Remington. The original question was about Federal rebate.

14. rwtii

rwtii Member

If you are running at capacity and selling everything you make, why would you cut the price?

15. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Haven't used Rem or AA primers in a long time. They are too proud of them, Cheddite are the ticket. Found a supplier that has them but he does not ship. Go figure. I heard, on this site I think, Winchester is offering rebates so at the Grand this year I and wifey shoot AAs. Jake (should Fed offer will shoot them as well)

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

NO Federal rebate this year. Winchester AA only. There you have it!!

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Lost----Read the 2nd post and you'll see why the Remington and AA response came about---If no Federal and no Rem's and can't find AAs then where do we go.
    I know there are some Gun-Clubs around and some Reo's but that's about it---
    Mostly low class shells in my opinion---I was asking about STS and Nitros if we can't get Fed's-----Thanks----Just looking for the answers----SJB

18. John55

John55 Active Member

Remington is about to start loading STS and Nitros for the Grand, and have no plans to discontinue either of them. Why BS like this gets started is always a mystery. And WW will begin loading more AAs in the near future, they're swallowed up with metallic orders right now but will get going in plenty of time for the Grand. Have friends working for both companies so I know they are reliable sources. Suppliers who can't get product or consumers who don't know where to look are usually the culprits.

19. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Well, that will cover Leo!!

20. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Why would Federal offer a rebate? Cannot keep up with production now. Just not a good sales marketing decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.