1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Papers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wpairishshot, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Question for the guys here.I keep seeing references to Federal Paper Target Loads. Can you still buy them? Whats the best place to buy them? I live in western Pa near Pittsburgh. I think they used to call them Federal Champions then they were Gold Medals.

Thanks for the help.
    Kevin McIlwain

2. cls

cls Member

They're not easy to come by, but you can still buy them. They're in the neighborhood of $80 a flat. cls

3. dragracemaniac

dragracemaniac TS Member

Geiser Guns in Sunbury PA sells them. They operate the shell house at Elysburg and always have them at the big shoots there.

4. fletcher

fletcher TS Member

They were like 98 at the Grand I would sure take 20 flats of Handi cap's at 80.

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Recob's Target Shop in Wisconsin has them listed at $80. Ed

6. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Kevin,

Actually, the closest place to you that you're going to find them is either Gander Mountain (you will pay out the nose for them there, though) or Sportsmen's Warehouse (not sure about this place, but I would assume them have them and they will be rather expensive, too). The Cheapest place to get them in PA is probably CAC Associates in Ebensburg, if you need their contact info PM me, I should be able to find it for you.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

REmeber, the empties are worth .05 ea. So deduct $12.50 from thew flat price. I'd rather load STS with a slow buring powder nad get a tight pattern that papers were famous for.

$80-$12.50 = $67.50 a flat for Fed papers

My reload cost, $48 a flat for STS. and I do not have travel costs to buy the new Feds. Just get the stuff from the club.

Or to quote a recent thread fo rreloading cost done on the cheap, just over $36 a flat with cheaper components. I'm going to follow up on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.