1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal PAPERS....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FN in MT, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

I was shooting up some old 3 dram Fed papers last week and one of the younger shooters asked me WHY they even make them in a plastic shell world.

I told him that I'd always heard they were a consistent shell. Meaning velocity and that many shooters had told me they recoiled less.

Our conversation got me thinking....WHY does Federal STILL make a paper shell in an all Plastic world?? I've noticed that fiocchi makes a paper handicap shell as well. What are the advantages to paper if any?

Illuminate me......

FN in MT

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

they smell wonderful

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

About eight years ago, Federal did load some 'Premium' 1 1/4 Oz copper plated shot loads in GM paper hulls. My local hardware store was selling them at $5 a box and I got 3 flats of #5s. Still have some and yes they have that smell.

4. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Yes they surely do SMELL GOOD!! They remind me of being a kid shooting rabbits and squirrels on a cool Autumn morning with my 20 gauge and winchester papers.

FN in MT

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Amen on the Winchester papers - late 60's and early 70's.

FRedmon

6. don q

don q TS Member

Freddy: I'm still working on that bunch you sold me,sweet. They are loading 3 and 4 times. Everybody wants to shoot a box (not). don q

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.