1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal paper with Cheddite primer???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by poacherjoe, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Anyone have a 1300 fps load with this combo in 1 1/8 oz? I have been using the f209a primer and would like to substitute it with the cheddite if possible.PJ

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

What is your present powder & wad?

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Why so fast? (ouch)

4. poacherjoe

26.5 grs unique and a claybuster clone for the 12C1.I use this for the porch shoots.I have alot of cheddites and nobel primers.I have herco and unique and green dot powders.I have researched the online load data from the powder makers but they don't list the hot loads that I have in my Fackler and McPherson manual.I want to stay with the paper hull.I also have all the other types of hulls and several different powders but I want info on the paper hull and cheddite primer for 1300 fps.If I load a 1300 fps in an AA or STS it really kicks compared to the paper hull.PJ

5. poacherjoe

6. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Alliant lists in their 2005 reloading guide, Federal paper hull, Fed. 12C-1 wad, Win. 209 primer, 26.2 Unique @ 9200 psi provides 1,310 fps. Cheddite states their 209 primer flash rate is the same as Win. 209 and may be interchanged with Win. 209 recipes.

I don't know of a 1-1/8" Herco load that runs less than 1,400 fps, It requires Fed. 209 which is hotter and can't be interchanged with Win. or Cheddite. Same for green dot.

A call to Alliant may be helpful in sorting out what you're looking for.

Surfer

7. Portigee Duckman

Portigee Duckman TS Member

I hope you find a load like the one you're looking for and it pounds your a$$
    in the dirt and knocks the hat off your shiney Bald Head then it would be nice
    shooting with you .Instead of me having to squat down in fear of THAT explosion
    and you taking All The Money .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.