1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Paper Target Loads

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by wpairishshot, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hey everyone, I am in western Pa and I was wondering if anyone could tell me, who has the Federal Paper Target Loads in stock? Everyone talks about them, seem to like them, but no one actually has them in stock it seems. I got a little money for Christmas and if I could find them I was going to buy a flat.
    I see that places like Cabelas and Gamaliel show that they have them in stock, but is that a ruse to get you to call or what? Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Why not call and ask them?? It doesn't cost anything to call their 800 numbers and ask. It's not like somebody is gonna force you to buy something. For what it is worth, i'd call Graf's and buy them. If their site says it is in stock than it is. I bought a case of 5.56mm ammo from them and it only cost me $5 shipping. Link above.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Finding them for sale is relatively easy the trick is paying for them. Be ready for about $100/flat. Yes Cabela's has them and will ship them directly to you (in most states)

There is something very special about these shells - real or imagined - but they are a real pleasure to shoot.

4. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

0   0   0

Rogers seems to have a decent price. The last one I bought were $76.00 plus shipping.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

wolfram,

I'm not sure where you are buying your Federal shells but $100/flat is really high. They are in stock and $87.99/flat at Graf's right now. The last flat of Federal Papers i bought was at my local Wal Mart for $82/flat.

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Gamaliels has them for $81 per flat. The shipping is what will kill you though. I think you pay hazmat plus shipping. You would have to buy enough of them to offset the shipping cost. Those who have WalMart that carries them are very lucky! It would be interesting to see if any Walmart could order them for you. If so that might be a whole lot cheaper.

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

0   0   0

I would try Gamaliels in Kentucky. Not sure what shipping would be and depending on where in western PA you are, it may not be that bad. There is no Hazmat on loaded shells.

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Yep, Gamaliel's, $81.00 per flat, $14.00 shipping to Northern Indiana. Only Kentucky and Tennessee Shipping addresses have to pay state sales tax.

Wayne

9. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

a place called denny's someplace in eastern ohio. not sure. maybe youngstown or near there. he might have them. try dawson's in navarre ohio or cac in PA.

10. hoov

hoov Member

0   0   0

WPAIR; call CAC in ebinsburgh pa.814-472-4430
    about 1.5 hr drive from pgh.

11. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

0   0   0

You have to love that smell - it says "I am out shooting targets - and it can't get any better".

12. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

0   0   0

Unless that Christmas money is burning a hole in your pocket and you absolutely have to have them now, why not wait until you can attend a shoot that has reloading component and shell vendors there? As said above, shipping and or hazmat fees are a deal breaker for me. Vendors at shoots are very competitively priced and you don't have to pay shipping or hazmat fees. Buy in volume and you may save even more.

13. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks to everyone who replied with advice, I appreciate it. For those of you who are interested, here is what I found out at the different stores some of you suggested; I went to Wal-Mart and asked the man at the sporting goods counter about special ordering Federal ammunition, he said we cant special order anything but Remington, I asked him if there was any way he could be sure, his voice raised and I could tell the next thing he would say would be to get away from his sporting goods counter if I asked him again. CAC Associates seems to want to sell what they have not what you want, at least in this regard anyway. I asked the young lady who answered the phone there if it was possible to get a flat ordered in, she said I doubt it very much.
    So far, Rogers has the best price. I am going to see if I can find Dennys listed anywhere here, and maybe give Cabela's a call later. Sure is interesting to me though, when I used to walk in to K-Mart and buy them for $3.95 a box, "Back in the Day!!!"
    Go Steelers! Thanks again.

14. bigben

bigben Active Member

0   0   0

Dawsons in Ohio has them, are around 81.00, 330 833 0014, all of the later papers are loaded with 12s3 wads, not the fantastic 12c1 wads as before, might as well shoot Fed plastics as the same powder and wad combo is present, and you are at around 70.00 incinerate em!

15. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Regarding HazMat fees, it is my understanding that the fees apply to shipments of powder and or primers. These two items can actually be combined in one package with a single HazMat fee. I do not think Haz Mat fees are charged for loaded ammo.

Jmac

16. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Someone quoted $14 to ship a flat of Papers from Gamaliel's, do we know how many flats can be shipped in one shot??

17. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

$14 times how many flats you want. For the real deal buy a pallet load.

18. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

0   0   0

Has anybody tried (or even seen) the new Fiocchi paper loads?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
federal ammunition trap loads paper

federal paper for trap

federal paper loads
federal paper target loads
federal paper trap loads
ferderal paper target loads
pb loads in federal paper