1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal paper shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bakergun, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Dose anyone know if they still sell Federal paper shells and if so were can I buy some. I just love the smell, reminds me of the old days.
    Pete

2. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

you can get them online at Gamaliel.com and ableammo.com and various other places. They are a good old shell.

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Pete..... I shot only Federal Papers for many years and enjoyed them immensley, especially the smell....lol. That being said, if you are used to shooting the old Federal Papers, be prepared to notice 2 very different things about the "new" Federal Paper shells. #1: They are the most expensive trap shell on the market today. In most places they are about $10.00 per flat higher than the norm. #2: The "new" Federal Paper loads do not, in my opinion, perform anywhere close to the way the old papers did. I think the demise of the 12C1 wad signaled the downhill slide of the Federal Paper shell..... Just my thoughts..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Dan
    Thank you so much for the information.Not to sound ignorant but I have cancer and not much time left so performance is not important or coast the real question is DO THEY STILL SMELL GOOD? Ah there is nothing like the smell of paper shell in the morning.
    Pete

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Pete..... Yes....They still have the sweet aroma of trapshooting first thing in the morning.... Dan

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Pete,

Shoot'em and let them go to the ground like you could care less. The guys watching will just about fall over at the sight of once fired papers being flipped to the ground.

ss

7. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Shortshucker
    Thats right that is what I am talking about. Drive them all crazy.
    Pete

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Especially if you step on them each time. You would drive them nuts!!! Dan

9. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

never thought of that, good idea

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

You could break every target you shot at, and all they would talk about was the guy flipping and stepping on once fired papers.

That is so wrong, but I like it!!!!!

Pete, enjoy your shooting.

ss

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Red Dot or Green Dot in a paper shell. There is nothing like the aroma

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Step on 'em all you want, I would pick them up anyway, LOL.

HM

13. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Pete:
    sorry to here about her health situation. both my wife and i have also had to deal with cancer. i am always looking for ways to make money, "legally" i plan to purchase a couple flats of federal papers and shoot them up. i than plan to go a mall & set up a card table and offer 5 once fired federal papers to snort for $20.00. they will find the biggest high they ever got. i will also guarantee them that it will also bring back good memories of days gone by. the other thing i plan to sell is hoppe's #9 in a woman's perfume bottle. will tell the women 1 squirt behind their ears and 1 squirt on their wrist. guaranteed if they go to any gun club, the men will follow them like the pied piper.
    good luck to you,
    stevebalistreri

14. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

hell ya, shoot em and toss em, since most of us on this site, ain't got as far to go as we have already been, enjoy every day, and best of luck to ya...dennis

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Dan nailed it. They just ain't the same!!

16. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Earl Scripture used to smell every Fed paper after he shot it.

17. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

I am looking to shoot them in a heavy cross wind so everyone can enjoy the smell that once brought delight to all of us. I don't care if I hit one target.
    To Steve
    As fare as the Hoppey's #9 goes I haven't used that in years. I used to buy it buy the big bottle. The other night I was over at my dentist for dinner and he was showing me his gun a I mentioned how dirty it was and he said let me go clean it and when it came back it was smelling of Hoppey's that is the 2nd sweet smell. My wife hated the smell, but that never stopped me from using it I would just lock myself in the shop and clean away. I think I will try what you said and put a little behind my ear( not so the guys will follow me). Federal paper shell smell plus Hoppey's equals one great day at the range. lol
    Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

federal paper for trap

where to buy federal paper shells