1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Paper Prices

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

This I have to see...

2. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I would say someone knows much less than they think they know. They are the most expensive trap load available.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

This I have to see...

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I would say someone knows much less than they think they know. They are the most expensive trap load available.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

LOL, if it can be dreamnt it will be on here

7. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

WHERE!?!?!?! I just looked for some and Gamaliels has them for $8.50 per box. I would love for lead to be cheaper that dirt too!!!

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone has confused the Federal Top Guns with Federal Papers. However, if you find where they have greatly reduced them in price with free shipping, PLEASE hook a brother up!!! LMAO

9. gasman03

gasman03 Member

77.50 a flat for federal papers

10. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Gasman, Where are you seeing them for $77.50 a flat? I was just on Cabelas web site and they are $85.00 a flat.

Jim Bradbury

11. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I know a guy who bought last summer @ $80 minus the $20 rebate and then got 6 cents for the hulls with boxes = net of $45 per flat.

12. miner1

miner1 Member

Yup, it can be done. I netted 1000 papers last summer for about what RickN said with rebates and sold my once fired hulls for 04 cents. It depends what your up-front price is, but if you can find a component truck at a shoot, that is usually your best price. Fed papers are worth the $$$ for sure!

13. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

Fed papers ... $76.50 per flat. A bulk purchase price offered by our gun club to its members. Strength in numbers! Gather all the orders and present as one large order. See if you have a group that can benefit as well.
    Cheers!

14. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Im a bit new to reloading and dont know anything about the federal papers. Why are they considered such a good shell, and how many times can they be reloaded. I was at a shoot a few weeks ago and I guy was shooting them. I took his 25 empties to see about reloading them one day. Any and all advice will be much appreciated.

15. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

The last I bought cost about the same as AA's. Picking up 10 flats today. I'll post the cost difference, AA's v papers.

16. DustyOne60

DustyOne60 Active Member

I am an Anoka Minnesota native. Federal Cartridge has been in Anoka Minnesota forever so beware biased comments to follow!

The Federal Paper shells have always been my favorite. Federal Champion Shells in the past and Gold Medal shells today.

My prefered reload today (CAUTION, INFORMATION ONLY DO NOT DUPLICATE IN YOUR GUN WOTHOUT PROPER RESEARCH) 1-1/8 OZ #8 shot, 12S3 Fed Wad, Fed 209 primer, 18 grains of Red Dot Powder - #31 powder bushing in the MEC Relaoders. Speed is about 1,145 FPS and pressure is around 8,800 PSI.

Nice load for singles. Once fired hulls for registered shooting. After that, only practice or league shooting. Need to look for pin hole burn through paper near the brass base. Inspect them all and you can get 2 or 3 loads from most of them.

I always felt that the reduced pressure and the "easy opening paper crimp" provided better patterning in my case. Also it is a gentle shooter.

Good luck

17. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

She-it papers were $8 more than AA's

18. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

if anyone in the northern VA or MD area is buying these shells in bulk, I would be interested in going in on a bulk order, depending upon price of course. I would be good for at least 10 cases if you can get them for under $80/case. Send me a pm. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.