1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Paper International shells copper plated

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

My friend bought some of these Federal loads from a shooting acquaintance of his and he sold me some of these loads. For a 24 gram load these crush some long range sporting targets out to a good 50+ yards. Of course I was shooting a choke constriction of .036 but compared to some of the my normal Fiocchi 7/8 loads I sometimes shoot for sporting targets, these paper shells gave some spectacular breaks.

Does anyone know where to buy these or are these an older manufactured shell? I can only find the Federal "red/black" box paper shells. Are the "red/black" box essentially the newer production of these shells? Thanks. Oh yeah, I love the smell of the paper shells after being fired :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

These are available. Most of hem fo to the Army Markmenship Ubit at Ft. Benning. Some distributors have them but be prepared to pay $$$$.

T

3. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Sportsmans den in shelby ohio has a few cases of them but they want a mint for them, and they are just plain lead not copper coated. 85.99 or 89.99 a case I think. BYG

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Look around, you can find them online. I don't remember them costing more than regular papers, but I also wasn't looking very hard. Federal also makes a paper pigeon load that has 1.25oz of copper plated 7.5's going a sporty 1400 ft/sec! Now those are expensive...$150 per flat before shipping!

If you are interested in Rem STS International loads (24gr of copper plated shot), I have a buddy in San Diego with at least a hundred flats! He is not shooting any international sports now and would like to sell them.

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I looked up the product code, N11975, and the Federal website is giving me the "red/black" box so I assume the shells I got are of an older production. Googling around, I wasn't able to find any retailers having these in stock. I'll keep looking though, I was really impressed with the low recoiling 24 grams giving me nice hard breaks on some of the longer/higher sporting targets that I like to shoot.

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Gamaliel's sells them, they just happen to be out of stock right now. Just backorder them and you will be stylin.

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I like these even more...

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Box is generation prior to present box.

Call Sunset Distributors in Ackley, Iowa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.