1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Paper info?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Avaldes, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I walked into the local Walmart to buy some .45 ACP ammo. While I was there I asked the sporting good manager about ordering some Federal Paper Handicap loads. She looked at me with a blank stare. I offered her the SKU number from another website and again...blank.

So for those lucky enough to get them in person, is there any Walmart "magic" that you can pass along to help this process? She wanted the UPC code, but it is my understanding that would be on the box itself? Thanks in advance.

-Aaron

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Aaron,

The real magic is having a real good sporting goods manager that listens to what the the cutomers want and does what they can to get it. It also helps to have the largest Trap shooting facility on Earth just a few miles down the road. The Sparta, IL Wal Mart has both. The Sporting Goods manager at my local store(Gary) will get anything he possibly can for the shooters and has. He is a real good guy that actually cares. I have also heard the Wal Mart in San Antonio, TX also has a very large selection. I don't think most Wal Mart sporting goods managers could give a rats ass about the customers.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Ahhh, the Sparta WallyMart. Now that's a trapshooting store!

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Ahhh, the Sparta WallyMart. Now that's a trapshooting store!

5. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

I've had good luck getting WalMArts to order in ammo for me, especially if the sporting goods dept manager is female. However, I think it would have to be something that's in a the WalMart warehouse at a WalMart distribution center.

When they first picked up the Remington promo line, I bought all 6 boxes of 16ga game loads the store had, then had the femnale manager order 20 FLATS for me. She did, they came in 2 weeks, and though the price had gone up in the meantime she honored the original price without blinking.

Considering my local WalMarts have about 6 total flavors of Federal shotgun shells on the shelf, I wouldn't expect the nearest WalMart distribution center to have Federal Hanicap papers.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Why do you need to get these at Walmart?

There are alot of internet vendors out there that would be more than happy to ship you however many you want.

7. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Hello, I just had a thread on here similar to yours, allow me to share some info I received from that thread. The Wal-Mart here has quite few federal products on the shelves too. The sporting goods manager said he couldnt special order anything from federal, just remington. I asked him a second time, he seemed to get a little upset with me. The respondents advised me to check other places, so far Rogers Sporting Goods has the best price. I hope to make an order from them one day soon. I really dont like to do ordering like that over the phone or over the net, Id drive an hour or two to get a flat or two, but no one seems to carry them, Im north of Pittsburgh, Pa. about an hours drive. If you get other information, hopefully you can find them somewhere, let me know where too! Thanks.

8. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Matt,

Call me before you come down and I'll give you my order to bring with you.. THANKS

Jerry B.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jerry,

I wish i could come down this year. It's freak'n 16 degrees outside here and Cabin Fever is running rampid.

10. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help speaking "Walmartian." I don't like to go in there either, when my step son and I went in there a couple weeks ago around christmas, I came out of the store and said..."Damn, that was like shopping in Pakistan!"

They do have the best price on pistol ammo so I shop there. I have been to Walmart in other parts of the country and it was actually a pretty nice store. But for some reason, in San Diego, Walmart is like a 3rd world country. The only thing missing is the donkeys in the aisles.

Anyway, I will try to call the Walmart in Sparta tomorrow. Maybe they could tell me if there is any secret to getting the Federal Papers in the local store.

Tungsten- Ammo is the one thing where shipping absolutely kills you on the price! Even with sales tax, they will be cheaper in the local store. If I can't pull this off, then obviously I'll have to get them off the internet. Ran into the same problem with Remington STS shot. The only game was to order directly from Remington and get a truck in there...not cheap.

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Check with Dean or Mike Bright of Sunset Distributing, Ltd, in Ackley, IA.

Dean is/was a big Federal distributor and with great prices.

WW

12. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Rogers Sporting Good KC Mo.Thanks Stan

13. fly

fly Active Member

Sunset Dist I believe doesn't sell to retail customers. Great group of guys though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.