1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Pacific Circuit Breakers For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Jack Frost, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

0   0   0

I have several Federal Pacific circuit breakers for sale, some harder to find than others. All prices include shipping in USA. These breakers are in fine condition they are all the stab lock type. I am open to negotiate. If there is one you need and don't see listed please contact me I may have it. Thank you.

1.) 2 200A MAIN Breakers $100/each
    2.) 2 100A two pole $50/each
    3.) 2 60A two pole $40/each
    4.) 4 40A two pole $30/each
    5.) 4 20A two pole $20/each
    6.) 16 20A single pole $15/each

7.) 2 Isolated nuetral bars $45/each

J.F.

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Honestly, I would not sell any used FPE circuit breakers to anyone---their history of failure is what put the company out of business. When I was an electrical contractor I had 55 gallon drums of them- that I had saved from when I did service changes. They would not trip on short circuits. They falsified their UL/testing. Be safe guys if you have an FPE panel in your house -dump it they would not trip-its like having a parachute thats guaranteed not to open.

Phil Berkowitz

3. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

0   0   0

I sill have those isolated nuetral bars, I suppose those are safe or Phil would have said something about them.

What Phil said about the breakers is true for the most part, Federal Pacific breakers were known to be dangerous. I have never had any problems with these breakers myself, but I don't overload my circuits either. They are still available at your own risk. All the best.

J.F.

4. ABH

ABH Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Federal Pacific Circuit Breakers trade name -- No Blows.

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

0   0   0

FPE..... F@*&ing Poor Equipment

6. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

0   0   0

also have some thin line style 20A breakers for $10

Also a 2 pole 90A $40

J.F.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Replacement Federal Pacific breakers are being made which do not have the problems of the originals. They're not cheap. If you have to upgrade a lot of breakers it's a lot cheaper just to upgrade the entire service. I've been upgrading mine as I go, but one of these days will just change out the entire service. But with a lot of remodeling and rewiring going on, I didn't need the headache of replacing the service at the same time.

8. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

0   0   0

All of these breakers came out of the service panels in my shop I just had the electrical redone. The contractor put in two new 200A services, he says I am all set and I wont need to keep these federal breakers around. Oh well, just thought I would try to find them a new home. I suppose I will try to sell the whole lot of them for one low price and be done with it.

J.F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.