1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Hull wad comparison ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by valmet, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hi all, in regards to the wads for fed 1oz & 1 1/8 (12SO and 12S3, Claybuster

has come out with the CB6100 for 1.0z and CB6118 for 1 1/8. for straight

wall hulls, has anyone done any comparisons between these two types of claybuster wads -opinions- thanks, dennis

2. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

anyone used the CB6100 or the CB6118 ?

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

valmet, sorry I can't you out. I quite using Clay Busters years ago, to much plastic build up. For my Federal GM hulls, I use a Green Duster (WAA12SL) for 1-1/8, and a Federal 12S0 for 1oz. Wayne

4. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I just finnished using two cases of CB figure 8 replacements for federal hulls with nothing but good results. This was over the last three years for my 16yd load. My target hits were some of the best I have ever had. No plastic build-up either. These are the red wads. The federal hulls I am dumping now and will be going back to STS. If I get a line on some more federals I would not hesitate.

GS

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I've had better results with the CB 2100 and CB 2118 clones. I tried a bag of each one of the CB61xx series and saw no reason to continue using them. The patterns and velocities of the CB21xx series wads appeared somewhat better. The original Federal wads seemed to have the edge on them all. The CB61xx series might fare better in the RIO/UEE hulls, but didn't impress me in the Federal Gold Medals or even the Estate/Federal Top Gun hulls.

6. drh08

drh08 TS Member

I used about 1000 6100 wads in cheap hulls for sporting clays. They loaded very well, I don't think there was excessive plastic build up but then again I cleaned the gun. I can't comment on the pattern, never patterned them but they broke targets fine. They seem like a decent wad to me

7. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

I'm using cb wads, need to look up what # they are for federal wally world shells and estates. I had a little crimp problem too much pressure for these compared to Rem hulls. Have heard alot of comments cb wads buildup. I may change once I gather more info.
    Good luck
    Railroad

8. fishguts

fishguts Member

I use the CB2100-12 (12S0-1oz.) and the CB2118-12 (12S3-1 1/8oz.)in all straight walled cases: Gold Medal, Top Gun, Rio, Diana, PMC, Nobel, Estate and probably some I forgot. I personally believe that the CB2118 is a fine wad in a handicap load. I never tried the 6100 wads, didn't even know they made them. I wouldn't switch anyway.

Wayne

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The 61 series, after checking their site, have a AA pattern design. they may be larger skirt diameter, since they are for straight wall hulls.

I found the Red 8 or the Fed clones to be adequate and see no need to muddy the water with yet another wad setup.

(Besides, I don't have any more room.)

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

12so vs cb6100

cb6100 v 12so

cb6118 wad

cb6118 wad pic

cb6118-12 wad recipes

federal top gun hulls comparison

federal wad