1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Gold Medal Rebate Program

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe Woods, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I purchased five flats of Federal Gold Medal 12 Ga. shells today. Started to fill out rebate coupon and noticed I need to remove UPC off all 50 boxes of ammo. Is this correct. I had no idea that this was necessary.
    What is everyone else doing.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If thats what the coupon says, you better do it or you probably won't get your money. You may not be eligible anyways since your in Canada.

3. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

That is absolutely correct. If you send the cardboard UPC's from the flat box, you'll get a postcard stating you need to send each and every singular box UPC by 10/25/11 for your rebate. Trust me---voice of experience

4. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Coupon good for Canada & USA.
    But I could not believe I had to destroy 50 Boxes.
    Go Figure.I think I sent the exterior UPC last year and received nothing.
    I was hoping some of you would have experienced the situation.
    Thankyou !!

Joe Woods/Ontario

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Maybe its just Remington or Winchester thats USA only.

You don't really have to destroy the boxes. Lightly score around the UPC, pop one corner up with the razor blade, and peel the UPC off.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It's not a total waste....

photobucket-19261-1317440358672.jpg

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I bought my Federal GM's back in June and at that time, we could use the UPC from the case...so I had to send in only 5 UPC's per rebate. I received my rebate back in less than 4 weeks.

Curt

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I cut my UPC's out of the box like BigM-Perazzi shows in the picture. I then take a piece of duct tape and place it over the hole.

9. shotgunner50

shotgunner50 Member

I just sent my Federal rebate in and the upc labels on the individual boxes were adhesive. Just peel them off and the box is not damaged at all.

Marcus Taylor shotgunner 50

10. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

You don't have to ruin the boxes. Take an Ex-Acto knife and score a line on all 4 of the sides of the coupon. You can then peel the top layer of paper off.
    Good Luck,
    OtH

11. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

They had a form that allowed case UPC's.

rickn_2008_170982.jpg

12. DeAdLy.90T

DeAdLy.90T Member

all you do is take a razor blade and lightly score around the barcode, then peel it off like a sticker and you wont have huge hole in the box lol. Been doing this for years. And yes make sure you follow the form instructions to a T, or you wont get any rebate money!!

13. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Mr. Woods:

I bought five flats of Gold Medals at the Sparta Wal-Mart during the Grand. The form they handed out was identical to the one posted by RickN above. That form got ripped and dirty before I got home. So... I printed a replacement form from Federal's website.

The form on the website is a newer version. It REQUIRES UPCs from each individual box of 25 shells.

I called Federal to see if I could get away with sending UPC's from the flats.
    The answer? It depends on which rebate form you have.

If you have the OLD form (like Rick's), Federal will accept UPC's from the flat boxes.

If you have the NEW form, you're stuck with cutting all 50 individual boxes.

sissy

14. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

I just sent my form, receipt, and the URL off of five (5) cases into Federal; that was the same thing I did last year and had no problem with the rebate being sent. If I remember correctly, I received the rebate in about five (5) weeks...

The form I used was the same one that was scanned and shown on this topic a few comments back. If they come back now and ask for the individual box URL's, me thinks I'm up that old unnamed creek without a paddle once again...

We'll see what happens. I would hope Federal follows through and honors their own coupons and the directions listed....cya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gold medal rebate