1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Gold Medal/700X

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I ran out of Federal wads so I got on Hodgdon's web-site to look for some other wads to use with 700X, Win 209 primer, Federal hull, 1-1/8 ounce of shot. It shows I can use a WAA12SL wad with 18.5 grains 700X, 9100 pressure-1200fps. So I loaded up a few, does not appear to be any powder migration, crimps look good. Does any else use a 1 ounce Win. wad with 1-1/8 ounce load in a straight walled hull? Thanks, Wayne

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Wayne,
    I have used exactly the load you describe for the last 3-4 years. I like it. I am under the impression that the 12SL wad is good for either 1 oz or 1 1/8th oz. I have used it for 1 oz, but have had some trouble with the crimp.

JON

3. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Yes I have used the SL with the 700x in the federal hull. You have to use slightly more powder in the Federal hull though verses the AA Hull. 18.5 grains works fine. slightly dished . I also use that same load, 18 grains in the federal top gun hull get a really nice crimp. Shoot once and throw. alex Kotter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.