1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Dropping Prices on 4 packs.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hoosier Daddy, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Federal had dropped prices apparently. Walmart in southern Indiana has lowered the price on Federal 4 packs by $2.00. Must be to reflect the lower price of shot.???

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Elkton, MD. = $22.97

Curt

3. linkerman

linkerman Member

Federal 20.97
    Winchester 22.97
    Remington 24.97

New Braunfels, TX.

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

NC - 21.97

Dicks - STS Lt Caps - 1 flat 101.00 +/- - Highway Robbery

FRedmon

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It's even gonna get better. Winchester is coming out with a fabulous special on AA shells very shortly-5 case maximum with $2 off each individual box!!

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Federal $20.97 in Plainfield, Il.

7. Damifino

Damifino Member

Dick's in Tampa has Gun Club for 5.97/box when you buy a flat. They will honor a $10 coupon from a local HS soccer team booster (can't normally use coupons for ammo). AND Remington has a mail in rebate of $10/flat.
    That makes a flat $39.70. Not bad.

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Federal 4 pack or Winchester 4 pack at Wal-Mart in San Diego area $21.97.

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

Cost of 4 pack - $14.28 using current component prices -

AA hulls at $30/1000 (5 reloads before pitching)
    16.5 gr of Promo at $76
    AA Primers at $150/5000
    AA wads at $98/5000
    West Coast Shot at $23.00 (1 1/8 oz loads)

My current component/load cost $11.78
    Promo at $71
    Hulls at $15
    AA primers at $125
    Wads at $65
    Shot at $22 (1 oz loads)

Loading rate of 500 per hour - Savings of $33.45 to $45.95 per hour. Plus, I believe I make better shells. I save about $2000 a year with reloads compared to shooting the Wally World specials. YMMV

Frankly, I do not save anything. I would shoot less if I did not reload.

Don Verna

10. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

the day i "have to" to get a deal on shells by going to walmart- i will quit shooting!!! i want to trade where they appreciate and understand shooting!
    buying shells and looking at guns is a way of life!!!! hard to do at walmart

11. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

my local Walmart (in VA) has Win AA Sporting Clay loads for 7.57/box and Remington Nitro and STS for 7.97/box. Dicks doesn't have their sale on the gunclubs or Win AA anymore, at least the stores near me, so big thumbs up for Walmart right now. My local club sells Rio Top Sporting for almost 68.00/case. If I sell back my empty hulls from the Rem and Win, I can come close to recouping my costs compared to buying the Rio shells.

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

acss

"the day i "have to" to get a deal on shells by going to walmart- i will quit shooting!!! i want to trade where they appreciate and understand shooting! buying shells and looking at guns is a way of life!!!! hard to do at walmart"

Well acss as I see it shells are a commodity just like gasoline. I by my gas where I can get it the cheapest. I will do the same where I get my shells and I don't care where I have to get them as long as the price is right. I can look at all the guns I want at the clubs in my area and most of the shooters at those clubs will appreciate and understand shooting more than the local gun shop where the prices tend to be slightly inflated.

Sounds like a case of wasted pride.

Bob Lawless

13. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

The Sparta, Ill. Walmart, just down the road from the World Shooting Complex, has Win.AA & Remington STS for $7.00 a box. Colonel

14. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

2&3/4 dram Estates or Winchester Super target or Rem. Gun Clubs are 21.80/4 at my shop. All the Wal-Mart stuff is 3 dram and a lot people still buy at Wal-Mart around here.

15. gjmen

gjmen Member

I noticed the other day while moving my flats from one location to another, I had a few flats of STS's that had a price of $46.99 on them. I should probably rotate my stock yearly when I buy new flats. It wouldn't be so depressing. Those were the good ol day's. $4.69 a box, and I would sell the hulls for .04ea. = $3.69 a box. I need to start reloading again. gjmen

16. BMC

BMC Member

Went to two Walmarts today. No Federal four-packs. Lots of Win Universals, but the Federals were gone. First time I've ever seen either store out of the Federals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.