1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Champion II Target Loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hwcn, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwcn

hwcn Member

Recently acquired 15 boxes of Federal Champion II Target Loads Bicentennial edition. The shells have the liberty bell imposed on them with the caption 1976 Grand above. The loads are 3 dram 1 1/8 #8's.

Are these shells worth anything to collectors or should I just use them?

Thanks for any input!

2. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi ther,
    I would like to purchase a couple boxes from you. Those were my brother's absolute favorite shell, his birthday is coming up in May, and it would just floor him to have a box of those. I would like one for myself too, b/c when I was just a little boy at the gun club acting older than i was, with my big bro, those shells were a staple back then. Please send me an email or call me so we can decide on a price. Thanks! -powderburn

3. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

hwcn, I have some interest in them however distance of shipping may negate purchase. Where do you live?

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Sent you a PM.

5. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

For those who have never seen these they WERE a good looking shell! .....Rick

6. hwcn

hwcn Member

To all that responded, thanks for the input. I will try to respond to all the PM's later. Finishing taxes are my priority today.

7. hwcn

hwcn Member

Couple of updates: I am located in Central PA. My stock has already diminished due to close friends all needing a box. I didn't realize it, but I also have the original 20 box case they came in. Found also a misc. bag of all kinds of shells i am assuming from the same era, both in plastic and paper, foreign and domestic.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Had a friend once who collected barbed wire. There is one particular brand and patent that is extremely rare and goes for a ton of money for a one foot section. While looking for rare wires in Wyoming he came across four miles of that extremely rare wire. It vanished to preserve the rarity and the value. The fewer there are out there the more they will be worth to ammunition collectors.

They were the prettiest load ever made. IMNSHO.

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I still see a few empties on the ground at the PA State shoot. They were a great shell but the reloading capabilities with different components were limited!!

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hull burnt badly each time you reloaded and shot them. The plastic got brittle very easily and the crimps shot out of them after 3 or 4 loadings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.