1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal Blowaparts AGAIN

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by moore5833, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Another blow apart at our club. Shooter said it was the sixth time out of one flat of shells! Of course the hull is stuck in barrel.

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Are these Gold Medal, Top Gun, All Purpose Target load, Papers or what? Any pics available?

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I've sent a number of reloaded once-fired GMs that absolutely shredded in the chamber/barrel back to Federal. I got one phone call asking for the reload formula and particulars about place/date of purchase, storage of the shells etc. Caller indicated that they "were investigating".

MK

4. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Ya, they're giving us the run around. I called it to they're attention months ago and it took a month for them to respond. The response? " Send in any unused product and we'll replace it." Big deal. No explanation, no sorrys, and no answers to a couple of written questions I had asked. Jim

5. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I had a new (not reloaded) Federal Gold Medal shell blow apart and lodge the plastic in the bore of my gun recently. I sent Federal the faulty shell parts, two or three other shells from the same box and the box itself. In the accompanying letter, I asked if I could continue to use the remaining shells I have (which is ten flats).

That was about a month ago. So far, I have had no response.

For those looking for more information about how widespread this problem is, as well as photos (not mine) of one of these shells, see the thread labeled "Dangerous Federal Hull Separation" on this website.

Ted K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.