1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Federal 8 box flats at Wal Marte

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rick Barker, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

So I went to WalMart today.

Once in a while I u buy a 4 box value pack of Federals or Remington shells that were $22.97.

I found the 4 box value packs are now $23.97, up one buck.

But I also came across what at first appeared to be a flat of Federals for the price of $44.00. Closer inspection I found it was a flat consisting of 8 boxes, not 10.

Figuring the cost difference, it was almost 4.00 cheaper to buy the 8 box flat, instead of two - 4 box packs, so I bought one.

I suspect Winchester and Remington will follow suit.

Just wish they offered 2-3/4 dram eqiv. Instead of just 3 dram.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Rick,

They have Winchester and have for several years here at the local Wally World. I don't recall the price for the 200 shell flats as I haven't bought any in several years. If I'm not mistaken, the Winchesters are called Universals.

They also have or have had in the past the 200rnd AA boxes at Wally World. Again the price slips my mind.
    [​IMG]

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hmm...thats a new one to me!!,...never any but the 4packs at any of my local MaoMarts

4. PSRFdaily

PSRFdaily TS Member

My Walmart is selling individual boxes of Winchester aa 28 and 410 and rem nitros
    410 for just under 11 bucks.

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Grntitan

yes, Universals are Winchester, but that case shows those to be AA's.

The Federal 200 round packs are the first I have seen here in Colorado.

6. RayReys

RayReys Member

Federal 8 box flats at Wal Marte' Boutique

Came across those this week - alredy bought an 8pack and am now down to one box...also noticed that Winchester is selling 4packs of red boxes that have the USA Shooting logo on them next to their normal Win/Universal 4packs.

7. schneep

schneep Member

Local store has 4 box pack of WIN AA style 3dram, 1200fps selling for $22.95

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Rick,

Yeah that flat is the AA's. As I stated just above the picture, they also sell 200 count flats of AA's. I didn't mean the picture to indicate it was the Universals but only to show the smaller AA flat. They do have the 200 count Universals, I just do not personally have any of them currently.

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I found that 8 box case of Federals in North Carolina, and they had also raised the price of the 4 pack. I like that shell and the fact that it's so available
    wherever I am travelling.
    Shot them at the Indiana State shoot last Sunday.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

WalMart being the biggest retailer in the world can have them packed up any way they want them ... The 8 box flats have been around Arizona for quite awhile ... I ordered a bunch from WalMart and had them side marked for me and all of the flats were 8 boxes insted of 10 ... Thanks for your support ... If WalMart don't have you you don't need it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Haven't seen the 8 packs at the local Wally here in Indiana. The Federals around here can be had in either 2-3/4 dram or 3 dram, that is something they started this year. I really like the 2-3/4 for both doubles and caps.

The 4 packs around here were $22.97 a pack.

Individual boxes of the same shell can be purchased for $5.47.

$5.47 x 4 = $21.88 a hundred. It is cheaper to buy the individual boxes than the 4 pack.

I haven't reloaded since I ran out of $12.50 a bag of shot. Wally World is now my reloading room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.