1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??Federal 209 primers??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Jack, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

In helping to clean out a deceased shooter's reloading supplies, I purchased a quanity of Fed.209 primers. Can't find them listed in any of the current information and am curious as to where they fall in the brissance (sp) charts.
    I know they are not as hot as the current 209A's and have been told they are about equal to present Winchester 209.

Big Jack

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

One is LUP, one is PSI. About a grain of powder difference with the same FPS.

Wayne

[​IMG]

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I have an old pamphlet that came with the new 209A primer (years ago) and basically it stated that when using a 209A vs. the 209, you can reduce your powder drop by half a grain to achieve the same speed.

But, as stated above it's best to check the published data.

As a safety measure, I'd contact the Federal customer service and ask for their advice and obtain some published data.

Curt

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input..a fella locally came up with an old book that listed the Fed 209 and provided all the necessary info.

Big Jack

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Big Jack, if interested and your in an area that I will sometime be, I would consider trading you new primers of your choice for those old Fed 209's. Just an offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.