1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FED X and UPS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 8 1/2 shot, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8 1/2 shot

8 1/2 shot TS Member

Didn't realize until today that one can't ship guns through UPS, tried though. Bill came to just over $70. with insurance. Got a call to come and get my "complete" gun, as in both pieces. Took the package over to FED X and for $35 got it shipped with $5000 of insurance. I'm thinking it might be useful to not use UPS for any of our shipping needs. Not sure what they have against guns. Does anyone know? Hope some can get some use out of this little bit of information.

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I agree with nspktr1. I have shipped many guns through the USPS with no problems. Ed

3. kenf

kenf Active Member

I have been shipping a few items from a customer center and asked the other day about shipping guns. The guy said no problem.

4. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

No problem in Louisiana shipping UPS but, I, too, have started using post office, which is cheaper and reliable.

5. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

I have shipped UPS,but only at their center. Franchise stores cannot accept them, though they will pack them. D Winter

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I ship guns via UPS all the time and have for years. No problem.

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hi guys:
    I've been shipping thru UPS. No Problems. Print the label online and they show up at the door. UPS driver says all guns should be shipped with Adult signature required and handguns shipped 2nd Day Air. As far as the USPS, I would need to register with them for shipping Firearms. Personally I'm a more private guy and wouldn't want to stand in line with a gun at the USPS. Door to door service is for me. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.