1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fed Top Gun Shells on Sale at Dick's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Oscar Ray, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Fed Top Gun Shells on Sale at Dick

Dick's Sporting Goods has Federal Top Gun shells on sale for $49.80 a flat.

Just thought I would pass it on!

Oscar

2. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

In Phoenix area also $4.98 a box the store i went to even sold the pink ones for that price.

Mark

3. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I bought a flat of these shells today. They created some big sparks out of my muzzle LOL and after firing each shell, I felt like it was snowing outside. For some reason a good bit of residue spits out from these shells and all over me like snow flurries.

I was using a semi-auto with a ported choke tube (Kicks chokes).

4. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off....

Cabela's has the Federal Breast Cancer shells 1145 fps #8 for $49.99 a flat, free shipping with code WSANTA on $99 or more

5. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

Its the kicks choke tearing the wad up as it leaves. Thank god I am not trying to recycle the wad or it may be a problem. I like my kicks chokes, especially for waterfowl.

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Scooter: I have not had the issues I have experienced with the Top Guns, with some other shells I have used with my Kick chokes (Gamebore and GunClub). Hence why I thought it was the Top Gun shells being the culprit.

7. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

sernv99....... What is the residue that is snowing on you? I shot a flat this weekend of the same shells and didn't see any residue other than in the gun although i was shooting an over/under. The only thing that is paper in those shells is the base wad and hopefully those aren't coming out on you, that could be a nasty event if one doesn't make it all the way out the barrel, that would make a heck of a barrel bulge. But they do make a nice Flame when shot in the evening LOL

Mark

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Just bought 7 flats at Dick's here in Delaware for $49.80 per. It was a mixed lot (good for singles & doubles) but saves me from reloading for a while.

Curt

9. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

az_outlaw: it was some kind of gray flaky paper that was fluttering in the air on me after almost ever shot. I checked my barrel multiple times but saw no obstructions. I am thinking, as another poster pointed out, the wad was being ripped apart by the slotted ports in the choke tube.

10. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

$4.77 at WalMart.

11. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

I believe the shells at walmart for 4.77 are the one ounce load where as the shells at Dicks are the 1 1/8 ounce loads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.