1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fed paper & PB data?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mark Kurruk, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kurruk

Mark Kurruk Member

I have been trying to get some load data for this combination but even on their on line data they do not show any current loads except for plastic hulls. I like Win 209's and have some 12c1 wads to use but would like further information. Any help is appreciated.
    Mark

2. buckshot57

buckshot57 TS Member

Mark,
    I load 22.0 gr of PB in my papers with the 12C1 wad, but I use the 209A Fed primer. This is about 1150fps. If you want a 3 dram load use 22.5 gr. This data was printed in the Fed loading brochure dated Jan 1, 1998.
    I don't know what you would need to adjust, if any to use the Win primers. Good luck, jim bauer

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Years ago I shot a lot of PB in Fed papers with 24.5 - 27 grains 1 1/4 oz, fed 209's & fed 12s4 wads for games

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

The above load is deadly on them clay birds. (cubancigar)
    Don

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Yes Don, you are correct. Not sure why I don't use it anmore? I have a couple of the older 12lb steel kegs left. I got onto the 7625 kick and loved it but now use the new Pro Reach. So far I like it and it is cheaper than PB or 7525 but as shooters do I will most likely change again at some point. I guess I am just a powder whore LOL

6. Mark Kurruk

Mark Kurruk Member

Thanks Jim. Your load sounds a lot like what I used to shoot. I have been under the impression that the Win 209's are just a tad cooler than the Feds. Will load a few and check the speed. Hope to see you at Camas this year.

That load by Cubancigar reminds me of some guys I knew a along time ago that shot some interesting backers for more than the normal money using a very similar load. I shot a load with Unique and 1 1/4 ounce and copper plated #6's back then with great results.

Thanks for the info and if Cubancigar just has to get rid of one of those steel kegs of PB let me know if I can help.

Mark

7. Robb

Robb Member

Use cubans load with Lage wads and you really got something. Wish I could find a case.

8. kenf

kenf Active Member

I used to shoot games with an old guy that shot I think 19-20 grains of PB out of Fed Papers. Believe me, you always waited a little to make sure he missed. It was funny to watch new shooters shoot just as the target would break. And then there was another guy who shot 4756 out of papers that was so hot some shells with too many loads would burn off and he would just eject the brass. Ah, the good old days.

9. kenf

kenf Active Member

Oh,

Mark to answer your question, I have an old IMR manual I'll check for you.

10. MOUNT-1

MOUNT-1 TS Member

11. kenf

kenf Active Member

Mark,

I sent you an E-mail with a scan from my IMR manual.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.