1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fed. Paper Hulls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rtchman, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtchman

rtchman TS Member

Just came into some once fired Fed. Paper hulls and was wandering if anyone has a 7/8 oz. load at about 1325 fps using either Red Dot or Promo, CB0178 wads, Fiochi primers loaded on a PW800 and shot from a Perazzi MX8 with 32 inch tubes. Will use these shells for International Trap singles and Doubles. Thanks

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

If memory serves Promo and Red Dot are not good powders for high velocity loads. Bill Malcolm

3. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Bill, your memory fails you as they are great powders for 7/8 oz loads at very high velocity.

richman try this link and substitute Fiooche for Winchester. http://alliantpowder.com/

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

BLKLAB, According to the Alliant site Red Dot and Promo powders are for "Light and standard 12 & 16 ga. target loads" and the burn rates are 94.1%. I have been led to believe that fast burning powders are not the best choice for high velocity loads. FYI, I shoot Promo and Red Dot (18 gr.) and load 7/8 oz. for first shot in doubles in a Federal Paper with a Win 209 primer and CB-4100-12B wad. I guess it boils down to a YMMV situation. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.