1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fed. Gunlaws will not apply to Montana

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by b12, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Just heard today on the talk radio about the federal laws.
    It seems that if Hussiene intends to add new regulations to the gun laws that no federal gunlaws of anykind will apply to Montana. That includes the manufacture of guns.
    That was the only part I got in on before I had to leave the car. It was on the same channel I listen to the Mighty Rush.
    I am not aware of Montans's laws but if this is the case I will be thinking of heading that way.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I guess Montana could secede from the Union. Virginia did that a few years ago but it did not work out well.

Pat Ireland

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It will apply to guns manufactured in the state of Montana. The basic premise is that Federal laws only apply to inter state commerce. HMB

4. philk

philk Member

The materials used to make them are brought into the state so your back to interstate commerce, or so the feds will reason something like that. They wont let that slide.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Think positive. HMB

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is just the beginning. Other states will follow, a few at least. Kansas, Idaho for sure

7. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Wonder if President Obama will further attempt to emulate his 19th century hero ( Not Karl Marx....Abe Lincoln...)and send Federal troops to Montana to kill anyone who attempts to leave his burgeoning paradise...??

8. shadow

shadow Active Member

This was reported on Fox News last night. Seems as if Montana has passed,(and the Gov has signed) legislation that Montana will not recognize Federal firearms laws on guns, and related equipment, manufactured and remaining in the State of Montana. Similar bills are working their way thru the legislation process in Utah and Texas.

Looks like there might be a moving day in our future !

9. zap

zap TS Member

Idaho is also looking the very same way. To hell with the federal initiatives or proposed regs. The states will decide on what they want . and thats the way it was intended to be by the founding fathers. Yea i know all the issues and problems it will create but, Damit, its finally time to start standing up somewher so why not at least start here??

10. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

You know we may see the CHANGE that Mr O was talking about. Maybe not what HE wanted but who knows I think the honkys are getting their bellys full of FED regs

11. brian5003

brian5003 TS Member

Wait...state specific federal laws?(wtf).......Isnt that just a state law? Any lawyers out there?

12. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Montana (and Texas, Oklahoma,Idaho, etc.) is attempting to get the Interstate Commerce laws changed. This will be a battle that goes to the Supreme Court to overturn what started under FDR. The various Circuit Courts will rule differently (for example the 9th vs. the 10th) and this will have to be ruled upon to ensure conformity and only the SCOTUS can do this. The gun issue will cause it to be done sooner than any other issue and the present make up of the SCOTUS is as favorable as it is going to get for a long time.

This is a BIG issue. Get informed on it and push it in your State.

HBT

13. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

See above

14. blooch

blooch Member

The bill talkked about in Montana is HB246.........and as of about 3 days ago it was not sent to the Governot, accordiing to their legislature's bill tracking.

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

What happens to stuff that is federally owned within a said state's borders? Take the Idaho National Laboratory for example? Or any nuclear facility?

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, tax the dog poo out of them.

Keep the assholes busyso they let me alone.

HM

17. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Check out this summary of the Montana "Gun" Bill.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1897601,00.html?imw=Y

18. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Montana was one of the few states which put a proviso in their acceptance of statehood concerning firearms.

Dennis

19. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Nitro 27 and others are correct. It's time to take a stand, and not just talk about it. I'm glad to see Montana and others stand up to Uncle Sam. He may threaten to with hold federal funds, but an enterprising lawyer can stop that crap! I've said several times, considering all the BS that Washington is pushing, that this country is closer to a revolution than it ever has been. Montana, and other states are proving that. Washington DC has forgotten who it works for, and it finally time that the states and the people sternly remind them!

20. claybuster38

claybuster38 Member

Can you see the Terminator standing up to that regime. I don't think so--- they will first take away the highway funds. Then all other fed funding for non compliance. I could see Montana doing it though. Idaho wouldent I think about 75% of the people work for the fed gov. I sure don't like what we have here in California now. It is enough to make you want to leave.--- and many do.
    Marv white

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.