1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fed Ex problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pyrdek, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I have just had a delivery from FedEx. It was plainly marked on the package and on the on-line tracking info as "ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED". This was a firearm that was sent back last week because of a recall on the TC Venture Rifles. Fortunately I was continually checking on my iPad as to the delivery tracking. To say the least I was surprised when it indicated DELIVERED. This was about 14 minutes after the indicated delivery time. I OPENED THE DOOR AND THERE THE RIFLE WAS SITTING ON THE STEPS UP TO MY DOOR. It could easily have been picked up by anyone who happened to see the delivery.

I was home the entire time and when I checked the tracking info and saw that it was listed as Delivered my first thought was STOLEN somewhere. There was no knock or horn beep and I was in the immediate area of the door the entire time.

When I contacted FedEx to ask how this could have been delivered with a signature required and I am the only one home and I did not sign for it, I asked them to check the signature. The service rep said it was an illegible scrawl. No my writing is not the best but people can read my name. I also called S&W/TC customer service to inform them of the issue. They to will be contacting FedEx.

SO, if you have any firearms being shipped to you via FedEX, MAKE DAMN SURE TO BE CONSTANTLY CHECKING THE TRACKING INFORMATION!

2. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Same thing happened to me on a k 80 receiver 2 months ago. When I called to complain they said they would refund the 3.00 ( cost of signature required) for the mistake. I kept checking the American Express for the refund and nothing for 1 month. When I checked last week they refunded the total amount of the shipping from SC to NJ )64.00

Doug

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

FedEx is the best! period. Use it all the time without any failures of any type.

Likely it is because I do proper computer labeling.

4. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Well as much as i hate UPS i know damn well they make me sign for this stuff each and every time. As annoying as it is, i understand it and they do a good job with getting signatures. As much as i like fedex I do not agree with them ignoring what they are required to do.

5. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

UPS and Fed Ex are suppose to merge this year.............. New owners are to name the company FED UP!!!!

6. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Two years ago I informed all my suppliers that my preferred way of receiving packages was FedEx ground. UPS had been messing up and taking too long and I had been having good luck with FedEx.

That all changed about 6 months ago. They consistently leave packages in my package delivery box without ringing the bell and then put the post it note that says, Package Left At Door, on the package, in the closed box. Earlier this week, I had a driver leave a package at a side door that is covered by a bush. The thing is, he had to walk past the front door to leave it at the side door. It's a whole new level of moron that can't identify a front door when walking past it.

I've complained to FedEx numerous times and each time I am told how much they value my business and opinion. If I had a better option, I'd use it...I don't.

Chip

7. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I sent a gun out for repair to a gunsmith with a not for required work and return shipping instructions requiring my signature. Like many have stated, it showed up at my door when I was out. I opened the package and the guncase the gun was shipped only to find blind damage to the grip.

I called FedEx and they said they would pick it up for inspection, I said no, I would drive it to the distribution center for inspection. The manager agreed it was blind damage and had me fill out a claim form. A few days later FedEx called saying they were denying my claim because the shipper (gunsmith) did not require my signature on the return parcel which voided the insurance coverage. Lesson learned........ The Smith and I did work out some compensation for his error.

If you want insurance coverage on FedEx ground shipments make certain a signature is required, air shipments are a different story.

Surfer

8. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

surfer, If I read your post correctly you say that fed ex denied the claim because the shipper did not require a signature. This means they knew they were taking your money with no intent of paying any claims. This sounds like fraud or outright theft. I think you should investigate further, such as your State Attorney General

9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

OGC,
    To comply with their insurance coverage, part of FedEx's requirement is a signature from the receiving party. Obviously the shipper has to stipulate this requirement when he makes the shipment. When I called the gunsmith and told him the package had damage and the claim was denied, he took responsibility up front without me saying anything. His wife made the shipment and overlooked the requirement.

When I questioned FedEx about this requirement, they sent me a copy of their insurance coverage stating a signature is requried to keep the coverage intact.

I told the agent I had a damaged package in the past and they paid the claim without a signature. He asked if it was an air shipment which was, he said air shipments fell under different guidelines.

Surfer

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Here in California there were people trailing UPS delivery trucks to see if they left packages on door steps. After the truck left the house they would grab the package. Police got two guys after they were spotted by a neighbor.

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

My FedEx guy signs for me if I'm out of the shop and he know how to get into the shop.

But then again, I live is South Dakota and people here are for the most part pretty darn honest.

WW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.