1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fed. C1 wad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MtnGun, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MtnGun

MtnGun Member

Is this just for paper hulls or will it work in the plastic gold medal? Is data the same?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Please just use them in papers. They are too good to waste on plastic!

ss

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Gone but not forgotten. I would still be shooting papers if I could get C1's.

HM

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I use the 12S3 wad in my paper reloads with excellent results.

Curt

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Curt..... If you think the 12S3 is good in Federal papers, you should have seen what a 12C1 would do in them. I used to reload them all the time, and, like HM, would still be shooting papers if I could still get the 12C1's. I have tried them all in papers since Federal discontinued the 12C1, and the other wads just don't seem to perform like the old ones did.... I used 18gr. 700X with the 12C1's in a paper hull for long yardage handicap for a long time..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Dan...

I used to reload with the 12C1 when they were available, but now with the few papers I do reload, I'm stuck with the 12S3. Not as good? No, but better than tossing 'em.

Curt

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Curt.... I have resorted to saving all my papers for meat shoot/Annie Oakley loads using Herco powder and a different wad..... I won't waste them on trap loads as there are too many load/wad combinations available for the STS and Nitro hulls I reload....... Dan

8. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Ha! Still got thousands of 12c1's and thousands of papers. Thanks to a friend who will remain nameless to protect his stash. Jeff

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Maybe I should have bought (and hoarded) the C1 wads instead of all these bags of shot?

Nah!

Curt

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The Claybuster CB3118-AR Red "8" wad is supposed to be a replacement for the 12C1. I still have a bunch of the 12C1 wads and don't seem to find that much difference between them and the 12S3 in performance when used in the Federal papers.

11. Indyrun

Indyrun Member

The Hornady Vesalite works great in Federal Paper, 1 or 1 1/8 oz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.