1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

fed 209 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Recoil Sissy, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

buddog1:

The Federal 209 was an earlier Federal product. It was replaced by the Fed209A in about 1992.

If you look at old loading data, you will find some recipes where either can be used. However, Federal's printed material at the time bluntly stated the two were NOT interchangable.

sissy

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The Federal 209 is obsolete. The Federal 209A is the current product. There is a lot of old data out there for the 209 and pretty much all of the later stuff lists the 209A. They are NOT interchangable. If you have a decent supply of them, the options are to find some old data or use the data for the 209A and back off a bit, just in case. You could always have someone pressure test a few loads for you. If memory serves me correctly, the 209A appeared to develop a little more pressure than the old 209. I just wouldn't take that for granted.

3. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

The difference that i have notices by looking at multipal charts is that the 209A will increase the velocity of you load about 40 FPS over the regular Fed. 209 also applies to the Win 209

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.