1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Feb. 19, Polk County FL Trap Shoot

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by johnlhelm, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnlhelm

johnlhelm Member

So far we've had nice weather for our monthy shoots, let's hope it stays that way. Imperial Polk Gun Club will host another registered shoot on Feb. 19. Club opens at 8, shooting starts at 9. 100 singles, 100 handicap, 100 doubles. Unfortunately the price has gone up to $25/event plus the daily ATA/FTA fees, not too bad considering practice targets are $6/25 and we serve a pretty good lunch. If you are going to be a little late, call the club and I'll sign you to a later squad. If this is your first visit, we have 3 traps set up so singles usually finishes about 1130, we break for lunch, and usually finish doubles around 3-3:30. Come on out, we've go a great group of regulars and welcome newcomers. John Helm

2. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

John, I will be there and Mike will be too, been looking forward to this one since last month. Woody

3. greta500

greta500 Member

if possible, please give driving instructions from Tampa, it's been a long time and I forget
    The easiest and quickest way to get to Polk.

Thank you

Greta

4. johnlhelm

johnlhelm Member

Directions to Imperial Polk Gun Club from Tampa Area. NE on I4 to Polk Parkway, take it east toward Winter Haven, at about MM10 there is a toll booth and exit to Winter Lake Rd, take that exit. Go about 4 miles and come to fairly large intersection (Spirit Lake Rd) Go left on Spirit Lake Road, past one traffic light start looking on left side of road for 4x6 foot white sign between a Motorcycle Shop and a white church set back off the road. Turn between them and we are at the end of the gravel road (Race Pit Road). If you get to Recker Highway (another fairly big intersection) you've gone about 300 yds. too far.

Some people apparently didn't pick up that this IS an ATA registered shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.