1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FEATHERS, FIDDLES AND MYRTLEWOOD REDUCED

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Take 20% off any listed price for the blanks remaining in this thread. Anything remaining at the end of the day Wednesday, September 22 will go back into the racks for sale another day. Got to clear the old drying racks of miscellaneous blanks that I've bought over the last several years prior to harvesting the Walnut orchard. The first five pictures are of California Claro blanks in various stages of the air drying process. I'll list the dimensions, price and moisture content of each as measured with my Wagner L-606 inductive meter. The last two are Myrtlewood blanks which are the precursor to the completion of the White Creek website that will have over 600 Myrtlewood sets pictured when it's complete.

All blanks will be provided with closely matching forend blanks, as always. Because of the low price of these blanks, I'm asking that you add $15.00 to help defray the cost of UPS shipping. I won't do a lot of selling, but will let the pictures speak for themselves. Here we go:

Feather1.jpg?

Feather #1 measures 20 inches long, 7 inches tall at the butt, 3 inches tall at the receiver and 2 5/8 inches thick. Moisture is 22% and price is $240.00

Feather2.jpg?

Feather #2 is less dramatic and measures 19 1/2 inches long, 7 1/2 inches tall at the butt, 3 1/2 inches tall at the receiver and 2 3/4 inches thick. Moisture is 30% and the price is $220.00.

Feather4.jpg?

Feather#4 is a high cut which measures 20 inches long, 7 1/2 inches tall at the butt, 3 1/2 inches tall at the receiver and 2 1/2 inches thick. Moisture is 24% and the price is $150.00.

Fiddle5.jpg?

Fiddleback #5 is solid end-to-end with measurements of 20 inches long, 7 1/2 inches tall at the butt, 3 1/4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 3/4 inches thick. Moisture is 12% - ready to work - and the price is $275.00 and IS SOLD. Extremely symmetrical side-to-side.

Fiddle6.jpg?

Fiddleback #6 is a dramatic candy striped blank with soft fiddle throughout. Measurements are 18 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 5/8 inches thick. Moisture is 14% and the price is $190.00.

Myrtleallrt.jpg?

This Myrtlewood blank contains three of the 4 possible variations that can occur in Myrtlewood, all in one blank. As my friend UNLOADER would say !!!!!!!!. This one is not for the faint of heart, but if you're the truly courageous type who wants a real conversation piece, this is it. Burl figure in the meat of the butt, fiddleback through the middle capped with dramatic Tiger Stripe through the wrist and inlet area. Right side view.

Myrtlealllt.jpg?

Left side view. Less burl, more Tiger Stripe and the same fiddle. This monster is ready to work at 12% moisture and measures 20 1/2 inches long, 7 7/8 inches tall at the butt, 3 7/8 inches tall at the receiver and is 2 1/2 inches thick. Price on this one-of-a-kind is $325.00 and IS SOLD.

Myrtlequiltlt.jpg?

Magnificent fine quilt in a Myrtlewood blank with monster dimensions. Left side view.

Myrtlequiltrt.jpg?

Right side view. Measurements are 20 1/2 inches long, 9 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 3/4 inches thick. For the light wood lover who wants the density and workability of something other than Maple, this is your blank. Moisture is 14% and price is $275.00.

Please indicate your interest at the email address above. As always, the first time stamp on your email will get priority. I'll be in the middle of layouts on about 5 tons of Royal Walnut all day Sunday and will respond for the first time late Sunday night Oregon time. Thanks for looking.

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC Your Myrtlewood Source

2. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

0   0   0

What is the minium widith of a block that can be used to make a roll over stock
    Thanks Chuck

3. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Chuch, DeVault told me 2 1/2" minimum when I bought my wood.

4. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Great wood from a great guy.

Doug

5. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Chuck,

Depends on whose "roll-over" it is. Two inches will accomodate most of the old-style rollovers which were designed as an integral part of the stock. That was before the days of "heads-up" design with offset and the complication of twisted sisters. Two and a half will more than cover any current application or combination of applications. For anyone who knows that they need more, all of my current slabs are cut to a full three inches which yields about 2 1/2+ after planing and shrinkage during drying.

The standard that I supply to DeVault is 2 1/2 inless he's doing a straight reproduction of an existing traditional stock.

Hope this helps,

Mike Mann

6. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

One time price reduction of 20% off the listed prices for Tuesday and Wednesday, September 21 and 22. Anything left unsold at the end of the day Wednesday will be put back in the racks for sale another day. Feather #1, Fiddle #5 and both Myrtles are a real steal at these reduced numbers. If you want more than one, let me know and we can work something out. If you have something to trade (not wood) let me know. Always interested in hunting related books and art.

Mike Mann

7. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Up for Wednesday.

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

UNLOADER --- "Ole Mike"? Seems the last time we spoke you were looking back a few years to find my tender age.

Remember, the remaining blanks are 20% less than the indicated prices until midnight tonight when I'll shove 'em back in the racks for a while. Feather #1 is an absolute steal and I'll entertain a worthwhile trade. Books, art, etc.

Let me know at the email above.

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.