1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FCVCC Shoot for the cure, Indiana

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Desira F., Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desira F.

    Desira F. TS Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2009
    Messages:
    77
    I wanted to let everyone know how the shoot for the cure turned out. Last night was the club meeting and I have been holding in on the donation amount now for 2 weeks. I presented a check to Susan G. Komen of Indianapolis in the amount of $9,447.00. I think the club and Komen were very happy with the amount of the donation. Now we need to start looking towards next year. Any suggestions would help..

    Thanks to all that came out to support us and to all those that came out to shoot.

    Desira Fesler
    Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club, Markleville, IN
     
  2. BIGDON

    BIGDON Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    6,622
    Location:
    Michigan
    Great job.

    Don
     
  3. rtclark21

    rtclark21 Member

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2008
    Messages:
    112
    That's great! Almost double from last year - awesome job!
     
  4. FlaLagarto

    FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    1,458
    While I think you and your club did a wonderful thing.. and I truly hope you continue with your efforts. I personally would suggest you might look for a local charity that uses more of the money for research, or to treat locals in your own area.

    A friend of mine did the SGK walk. After the fact she ask how much of the funds were spent on research. Below are they numbers they gave her.. Personally I think these numbers are a shame !!

    In 2007, Komen spent 23.5% of total revenue on "Research for the cure".

    In 2008, Komen spent 26.7% of total revenue on "Research for the cure".

    In 2009, Komen spend 20.2% of total revenue on "Research for the cure".
     
  5. trap-guy

    trap-guy Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    204
    I think the funds raised speaks for the support of this event.
    I'll be there in 2012.
     
  6. 320090T

    320090T Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    3,348
    Location:
    Indiana
    Where did the rest of the money go for?
     
  7. BROWNST100

    BROWNST100 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2008
    Messages:
    589
    Location:
    LEWISBERRY, PA.
    Good job, young lady...You should be commended for your work. Congratulations !!!!

    Vern
     
  8. Desira F.

    Desira F. TS Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2009
    Messages:
    77
    Just to set the record straight. Every Susan G. Komen affiliate gives around 25% of all the funds that are donated to them to the Headquaters in Dallas for global research grant programs. The other 75% of the funds stays within the area they were donated from. In my case $7,085.25 will stay right here in the 21 counties of central Indiana to help women receive screenings, treatment assistance, Survivor support that they otherwise would not be able to afford.

    If you would like to see research that is going on now around the world by location, by type, by amount, etc.. check it out at http://ww5.komen.org/rgmap.html Susan G. Komen of Indianapolis actually has about $10 million in grant research currently goin on at IU and Purdue right now.

    If anyone wants more information than this please feel free to contact Elise Leblanc at elise_leblanc@komenindy.org. She will be happy to help anyone.

    Thanks for your support.
    Desira Fesler
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fcvcc shoot for the cure