1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FBI "Outs" the useless TSA

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by pyrdek, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

FBI anti-terrorism expert: TSA is useless

By Cory Doctorow at 11:07 am Wednesday, Feb 29

Steve Moore, who identifies himself as a former FBI Special Agent and head of the Los Angeles Joint Terrorism Task Force Al Qaeda squad, says that the TSA is useless. He says that they don't catch terrorists. He says they won't catch terrorists. He says that they can't catch terrorists. Oh, he also claims 35 years' piloting experience and a father was United's head of security and anti-hijacking SWAT training and experience.

Frankly, the professional experience I have had with TSA has frightened me. Once, when approaching screening for a flight on official FBI business, I showed my badge as I had done for decades in order to bypass screening. (You can be envious, but remember, I was one less person in line.) I was asked for my form which showed that I was armed. I was unarmed on this flight because my ultimate destination was a foreign country. I was told, "Then you have to be screened." This logic startled me, so I asked, "If I tell you I have a high-powered weapon, you will let me bypass screening, but if I tell you I'm unarmed, then I have to be screened?" The answer? "Yes. Exactly." Another time, I was bypassing screening (again on official FBI business) with my .40 caliber semi-automatic pistol, and a TSA officer noticed the clip of my pocket knife. "You can't bring a knife on board," he said. I looked at him incredulously and asked, "The semi-automatic pistol is okay, but you don't trust me with a knife?" His response was equal parts predictable and frightening, "But knives are not allowed on the planes."...

The report goes on to state that the virtual strip search screening machines are a failure in that they cannot detect the type of explosives used by the “underwear bomber” or even a pistol used as a TSA’s own real-world test of the machines. Yet TSA has spent approximately $60 billion since 2002 and now has over 65,000 employees, more than the Department of State, more than the Department of Energy, more than the Department of Labor, more than the Department of Education, more than the Department of Housing and Urban Development---combined. TSA has become, according to the report, “an enormous, inflexible and distracted bureaucracy more concerned with……consolidating power.”

Each time the TSA is publically called to account for their actions, they fight back with fear-based press releases which usually begin with “At a time like this….” Or “Al Qaeda is planning—at this moment …..” The tactic, of course, is to throw the spotlight off the fact that their policies are doing nothing to make America safer “at a time like this.” Sometimes doing the wrong thing is just as bad as doing nothing.

URL to the full article with MANY comments.

http://boingboing.net/2012/02/29/fbi-anti-terrorism-expert-tsa.html

2. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

FBI

You know the Government will undoubtedly claim all this is untrue and the News Media won't even investigate, they don't even jump on a Big story like Fast-n-furious which is as Big as water-gate. Nothing but silence.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

FBI

The Feds outing the TSA should come as no surprise based on who is heading the (Homeland Security), our own (Arizona) former Governor Janet Napolitano, she was useless before and she is still useless, thats how she got the job in the first place ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

Mr.Obama said he wanted his own civilian police force, this bunch may not have brown shirts yet. In these times its pause for thought, I found them doing guard duty at the Camp Lejeune gate. Hummmm.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

FBI

http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/tsa-to-start-fondling-drivers-now-too/

If this doesn't scare you, you are definitely a sheep.

6. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

If your Congress & Senate were really acting for us, they would limit the extent of their use or expansion. Keep them out of lunch boxes, off the highway and the other 9 places of expansion in the past 14 months, What then does this tell you about the state of mind of the Congress & Senate looking out for you.
    Nope - not at all.

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

FBI

Papers please.......I wonder if they will change their uniform to brown shirts????

8. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

FBI

WPT, Your former Gov. the now infamous Janet Incompitano, should go to jail and be sitting in the cell right next to Eric (the liar) Holder. What do you think the odds of that ever happening are? The way to revamp the system, VOTE!!!

Chuck

P.S. I don't need to remind anyone to vote these GD Liberals out of office do I?

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

FBI

We're having some yuk-yuks here at TSA's expense, but you mark my words and don't doubt me...I guarantee you, someone else one this site, or their unemployable son/nephew/daughter-in-law works for the TSA, and will suck the teat and get government health care, government retirement pension, and government you-name-it, for LIFE.

The federal government can get their hooks into any and every corner of this society - by giving people jobs.

Those worthless bastards will sit there and suck the teat and say NOTHING. And I guarantee you, they're on this site (or someone immediately related).

10. cnsane

cnsane Member

FBI

Makes me wonder if the little bastards can actually arrest me after I tell them to go eff themselves along side the highway. I don't put up with harrassment from real cops, and they have guns. I sure as Hell ain't going to co-operate with unarmed assholes just because they threaten to lock me up overnight. Been there, done that, have the bail slips to prove it.

11. tj303

tj303 Member

FBI

TSA signed into law by a Republican President. Get used to it, it is here to stay. Like all government programs. Republicans/Democrats all vote to add things to government, never to remove.

12. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

FBI

>if true, there starting in the South to see what kind of reaction they'll get from a strong Southern State and then move into the rest of the Southern States, you take this T.S.A. crap and The Freedom Group, whose buying up all the Gun company's and ammo suppliers, Who's own by Cerberus Capital and control by no other than "George Soros" We have a major problem!!!!!!!!

13. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

FBI

Check out this DHS madness. Truly our federal government is derailed.

WASHINGTON – There is increasing concern that the Department of Homeland Security will fail to meet a coming congressional mandate to have 100-percent monitoring of all cargo inbound into the United States, according to a report in Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.

The Government Accounting Office, the investigative arm of Congress, said that the DHS is nowhere close to complying with a requirement that, by July, all U.S.-bound cargo must be routinely scanned for nuclear and radiological materials and other components to make weapons of mass destruction.

According to Judicial Watch, DHS has spent hundreds of millions of dollars on questionable systems that couldn’t do the scanning.

In one case, DHS spent $200 million on 1,400 radiation portal monitors but had to stop using them since they didn’t do the job.

Ten years ago, the 9/11 Commission made a recommendation for 100-percent compliance by July 2012. The requirement was incorporated into the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007.

Within the DHS, Customs and Border Protection implements container security.

“Uncertainty persists over how DHS and CBP will fulfill the mandate for 100-percent scanning given that the feasibility remains unproven in light of the challenges CBP has faced implementing a pilot program for 100 percent scanning,” GAO said.

In attempting to determine whether 100-percent scanning was feasible, GAO had asked DHS to undertake such a study, but to date that hasn’t happened.

CBP informed GAO that it has not conducted such an assessment or identified alternatives and is “no longer pursuing efforts to implement 100 percent scanning,” a development that could place the nation’s security at serious risk. Out of nine foreign and domestic ports that were supposed to be involved in the 100-percent compliance study, any DHS testing was limited to just one port.

DHS has informed GAO that it will not be able to meet the 9/11 Act’s July 2012 deadline for implementing the 100-percent scanning requirement and wants to extend the requirement to include foreign ports for compliance until July 2014.

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

FBI

friend of mine got stopped at an "all motorcycles exit xxx" for "inspection",,,,went through the bikes and patted down some,,,,,,unless they have the POWER of law enforcement,,,,then they can call the REAL police before they search me.....

15. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

FBI

Something that I always have said to myself and my sons, "Doubt authority", just because somebody tells you to do something and acts like they are in charge, don't believe them, most of the bastards live in their own little make believe world

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.