1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

FBI monitoring fatal Florida shooting case

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

(Reuters) - Federal authorities said on Sunday they were in contact with local police investigating the killing of a black teenager last month by a neighborhood watch volunteer in a gated Florida community, an incident that has raised alarm among civil rights leaders.

On February 26, 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed as he walked through a gated neighborhood, where he was visiting family. George Zimmerman, 28, who is white, has said he shot Martin in self-defense. Police in Sanford, Florida, about 20 miles north of Orlando, have not charged Zimmerman.

Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Martin's family, said the 17-year-old boy was shot in cold blood. He has said Zimmerman should be arrested and he wants federal authorities to take over the case.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-crime-floridabre82i019-20120318,0,2759308.story
  2. wolfram

wolfram Active Member

Hope it isn't what it sounds like.
  3. rd

rd TS Member

OMG she's baaack!
  4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

FEAB9

No witnesses and dead men tell no tales...

Curt

grnberetcj_2008_0303338.jpg
  5. WS-1

WS-1 Well-Known Member

Racism runs deep. So does lying. So does pandering. Keet's just your average, run-of-the-mill sociopath. She's the fat old wench in the WalMart with the big "L" tattooed on her forehead. What a waste of time.
  6. tcr1146

tcr1146 Active Member

Did kind of miss the bitch though! Tom Rhoads
  7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

MRS KEET'S MOTTO

johngalt_2011_120649.jpg
  8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Nice to see you back. It was getting way to civilized in this section! I should say more civilized.
  9. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Just when I thought it was safe!!
  10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

11. ctreay

ctreay Member

Are you going to tell us where that all white gun club is now?

ctreay
  12. Claydotter

Claydotter Member

That kid was murdered in my opinion , and his killer will probably get away with it because of Florida`s "Stand your Ground" Law.

Regards, Pete
  13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Actually there is a witness, who says the teenager was on top of the neighborhood watch guy, beating on him, when he got shot. MrSkeet conveniently left that little detail out. The local authorities know this, which is why they will not press charges. So the family is crying the blues over their "innocent baby" and want the feds involved.
  14. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Active Member

Brian would you mind sharing a link to that information? Thanks.
  15. RobertT

RobertT Active Member

White man kills black teen. More fodder for liberals to holler racism. The story should simply be teen killed by neighborhood watch member but that would not suit the needs of the liberal media and left wing activists.

Robert
  16. Brian in Oregon

Jerry, I tried looking for that news report, and it's gone, replaced by every fringe group coming out of the woodwork to demand his arrest. We used to call this "trial by media". The family is supposed to have a news conference on Friday and likely will mention that the watch captain was attacked by the youth. In the meantime a black militia group says they are looking for him and will arrest him themselves. Swell.
  17. postmastertim

postmastertim Member

The shooter's father says his son is Hispanic, and not racist
  18. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Neighborhood Watchman Who Killed Trayvon Martin Ignored Neighborhood Watch Guidelines

George Zimmerman, the self-appointed neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old Florida high school student, last month blatantly violated major principles of the Neighborhood Watch manual, ABC News has learned.

The manual, from the National Neighborhood Watch Program, states: "It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers, and they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles. They should also be cautioned to alert police or deputies when encountering strange activity. Members should never confront suspicious persons who could be armed and dangerous..."

...According to Chris Tutko, the director of the National Neighborhood Watch Program, there are about 22,000 registered watch groups nationwide, and Zimmerman was not part of a registered group -- another fact the police were not aware of at the time of the incident...

abcnews.go.com/US/neighborhood-watchman-killed-trayvon-martin-neighborhood-watch-guidelines/story?id=15955985#.T2fDHtWia6U
  19. Brian in Oregon

20. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Active Member

BTW Brian I forgot to wish you a speedy and successful recovery from a nasty surgery.

I'm headed in that direction on my lower back and the prognosis is a 40% chance of some improvement. It involves multiple fusions and a body cast for at least 3 months.

Not a good prognosis so I'm putting it off until I can no longer walk. The bummer is that my trapshooting career seems to be over.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.