1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FBI has money for you now!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BDodd, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The wife got an email through her Yahoo account that alleges to be from the FBI suggesting they are holding some 10.5 million in her name that they can't release until checking out her not being a terrorist or whatever. The format isn't loaded down with Federal letterheads or similar but is worded fairly nicely to seem worth following up. If one spends a minute or two checking spelling and grammar, there are a couple of boo boos and seems clearly an internet scam. The worst part is a veiled threat that the person receiving the notice "Must" respond to avoid any risk of appearing to be a criminal and possible arrest.

For fun I called the local FEEBS and confirmed that it is a known scam and the locals didn't even want to see the printout; let alone want my address where the money could be sent!-LOL. He DID, however, give me a URL (see above) that was an interesting source of info and where one can report incidences of being defrauded. This URL takes you to the Internet Crime Complaint Center which, according to the fellow I spoke to, is manned by FBI Agents. He explained most folks can just type in ic3.gov in your address line and it will come up without needing all the https, slashes, and wwws. There is a full explanation of the scam we received on this page if anyone cares to view. Well, there goes another few million I could have used.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'm hopin', bigunn; maybe they've got our mail address along with the email and history of terrorist activities....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.