1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Trap Guns You Have Owned

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by puablo, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

If you're like me and been in the sport awhile, you've owned different trap guns during your career.

What's your favorite of all time? Mine probably a TM1 that was my dads. Still have the gun and shoot it from time to time. Now has a PFS on it to lighten recoil.

2. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

In a year and a half of shooting i started with a stoeger 26' barrel, berretta al391 urika, BT-99, and a BT-100. At this rate if I shoot for 30 years I'm on target to own 120 guns. Right now the best gun is the BT-100 soon to be relese triggered. Oh and I am shopping. oscar

3. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

I have bought three now since I got my first, and still shoot better with the first one... Ha!

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My favorite was a Beretta 687EELL unsingle combo..34/32 fixed chokes with all barrels backbored and rechoked by Tom Wilkerson..adjustable butt and comb by John Hollingsworth..a pleasure to shoot, smoked targets and stone reliable...the fact that it was just flat beautiful was just icing on the cake

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

An old Ithica Lefever SBT that I wish I could get fixed so it would fire reliably, have spent a lot of money trying. It will have a light strike 2 or 3 times per 25 usually fires on the 2nd try. Ross Puls

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

It would have to be the MX3 Special Combo that I'm shooting now. I have owned way more than my share of trap guns and firmly believe my current gun is the best of the best.... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

My old worn out BT99.......won more stuff with that than anything since. May have to donate it, someday, to a HoF! Next would be my trusted Citori. Shot some great doubles scores with it. Like my Perazzi & Blaser, but when I get sentimental, I haul out the BT & wipe it down.

8. bz5119

bz5119 Member

Beretta Mark II

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

My MX 2000 RS is what I'm shooting now. Before that, Browning Broadway, which is my back up gun. I have shot a Model 12, Model 21, Browning XT, Greener Single Barrel, and an L.C. Smith, not in that order. I have my grand dads Westley-Richards SXS, but haven't shot it in 35 years. Doesn't fit my body.

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Good choice, bz.

Not sure it's my "favorite," but there will always be a soft spot in my heart for the old Mark II -- perhaps the most under-rated trap gun ever made.

-Gary

[​IMG]

11. bz5119

bz5119 Member

Thanks Gary, I still own the Mark II and shoot it regularly.

12. Brad*90T

Brad*90T Member

Started out with a field grade mossberg silver reserve, that couldn't stand up to all the shooting. I now shoot a 90T and I don't see me changing any time soon. love the way it fits and shoots.

Brad

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

TM-1Special, MX-15 Luxury, Silver Seitz, CG, Silver Dollar Special

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. cloud_of_8s

cloud_of_8s Member

Remington 870-TB - first 25 straight
    Winchester 101 - first 50 straight
    Caesar Guerinni - first 100 straight

Love 'em all

[​IMG]

15. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I had a 1960 Browning Broadway that I later sold to the grandson of the original owner. I hope to buy another Broadway some day.

LA in MA

16. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Space gun #RND00 Unique

Selka Break open space gun ser 15 or 16?, fun to shoot but lock time was terrible

Silver Seitz #427 a chevy lovers gun.

Kolar combo 34/32 standard ribbed gun.

Current MX8 pigeon gun, SCO goddess of the hunt, Galeazzi engraved.12/28 combo unique and one of a kind.

17. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My Ljutic 73, bought in 1983, has been my singles and 'caps gun ever since and my Browning Superposed ST-100, my doubles gun since I bought it new in 1980.

Ron Burr

18. Steve Bills

Steve Bills Member

I purchased a Perazzi Grand American #2 top single combo trap, made in 1980.Been shooting the gun starting May 1980..Had 3200 rem. 101 Win. Bt-99 and a TM1 comp 4,all gone, but the GA#2.. Steve

19. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hi Puablo: Hope things are going well? Remington 870's, TA, TB, TC, D grade, and All American grade. I never owned an F grade.

My grandsons now have all of them accept my TB that I shoot. I also gave them every barrel to my knowledge that remington ever made in 12 gauge.
    Steve Balistreri

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Savage M29 (converted to trap) Tough old gun that shouldn't have been converted.

Remington 870TB . Good, reliable, Needed Timney trigger

Remington 870TC. Same but prettier. Timney trigger. Went to 27 with it.

Remington 1100 Trap. Loved the recoil reduction. Unreliable for doubles.

Franchi 2004 Single Bbl. Worst gun (let alone trap gun) I ever owned. Fragile and bad service.

Remington 3200, Excellent trigger. Only 30" with full/full chokes. Sold for live bird gun.

Browning BT99. Good, reliable. Weak trigger. Couldn't ever get it very crisp.

Browning Broadway. (1972, mechanical triggers) Great doubles gun and good triggers.

Perazzi MX8 Combo. (1976, type III) I still shoot this gun and it is one of two that are my favorites.

Perazzi MX15. Best thing since sliced bread. One handicap shootin' SOB and my other favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

favorite trap guns

my favorite trap gun