1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite tequila

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by X2 fan, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

OK,

So I have seen threads for bourbon and scotch so now I have to start one for my favorite liquor, tequila.

I know that this liquor has bad connotations for those who had too many shot of cheap Cuervo at one point or another.

However as some of you who know, truly good tequila's all have a taste of their own. I prefer Reposado's and Anejo's myself. Many of the finer ones have a nice caramel taste to them. When I sip tequila, I pour it into a small snifter and let it breathe for 10-15 minutes and take another 1/2 hour to sip it down. talking maybe 1 1/2 oz. here.

Of the one's I have tried, I like Don Julio the best. Especially their Anejo but their Reposado is awful nice too.

Tim

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

John Wayne was a tequila man. He reportedly ordered Sauza Commemorativo by the case.

3. APrice

APrice Active Member

Don Julio Anejo if you are on a budget. Don Julio Real if you are not.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Jose Cuervo 1800 Silver + a lime slice and a pinch of salt. I love Tequila but it don't love me.

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Jose Gold - double shot straight up, room temp.

6. Mr.Saris

Mr.Saris Member

This I know....Cabo Uno (unforgettable) followed by Don Julio Real and finally Don Julio 1942. No need for training wheels (lemon, salt, etc). Enjoy!!

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Absolutely Don Julio 1942! I have had that once. So smooth and full of flavor! Wasteful to ruin it with lime/salt, etc.

Did you mean Cabo Wabo? (not Uno?)

8. cafowler

cafowler Member

Don Julio.

9. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Cabo Wabo [gold versions] and Agavero! The finest Tequila Liquor....

GS

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Cabo Wabo Anejo is fine stuff, Lunazul is almost as good and cheaper, dont get the silver though

11. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

Cuervo Reserva de la Familia is the best I have tasted... smooooooth

12. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

If your going to do shots with something added, try an orange slice instead of lime. Hint, What is triple sec made from? 1 oz Orange juice can make a cheap tequila taste good in a margi. My pick Patron kept in the freezer.

13. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Cazadores. Cuervo is just barely Tequilla. I believe that to be called Tequilla, it is supposed to have 52% Blue Agave. That is what Quervo Gold is. If you only use it for Margaritas, Try Costco's silver.(Kirkland) It is 100% Blue Agave and is $18.99 for a 1.75 liter bottle. I was surprised and annihalated!

14. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Cazadores, Patron, for shots.

For Bloody Marias, Sauza.

Around 8 years ago we had a little over 2 acre feet of Cuervo Gold in our storage tanks, like someone above said it is just barely tequila.

15. soundaround

soundaround Member

Best value and taste in a Reposada for sipping is Casa Noble - organically grown and a real bargain when compared to Esperante Anejo and Clase Azul Reposada - originally recommended by a Tequilier who had visited every manufacturer in Mexico - what he drinks for his own home after dinner drink - Casa Noble also partially owned by Carlos Santana

http://www.casanoble.com/reposado.aspx

16. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I travel to Mexico almost every year and have a substantial collection of Tequilas. Occasionally I host a dinner with a as many as 10 different Tequilas sampled throughout the meal. Of course, we only take a small sample of each. I personally enjoy Milagro, Cabo Wabo, Don Julio and a few others. My favorite on a cold wither evening is Orendain Almendros (almond flavored). Don't be fooled by the fact that it is made by Orendain, a pedestrian brand, at best. This is a flavored Tequila much like Patron Cafe, which I also enjoy. It has a smooth, smoky flavor and an aroma which fills the room. They also make Orendain Membrillo (cherry flavor)which is also nice.

However, my current favorite Tequila is Campo Azul and this year in Mexico (I returned this morning) I picked up a bottle of Casa Maestri Reserva which I plan to open tonight.

I want to advise you that there is a recently developed industry in Mexico of bottling very ordinary Tequilas in fancy bottles with fancy metalic embossed labels and charging enormous prices. Most of thie stuff is good as charcoal lighter and tastes like it. Don't be turned off Tequila by one of these phony "elite" brands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.