1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Recoil Pad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Blakester, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

What is your favorite recoil pad and thickness and straight or curved and Why ?

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

My favorite is the KickEeze trap pad (straight) 1 1/8" thick. Second, and only if I want to change pitch without cutting the stock is the KickEeze Modified trap pad (the thickest one).

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I prefer the Kickeez modified trap pad over all others. It allows me to mount my gun the same way every time. It does a great job of reducing recoil, and fits my shoulder pocket perfectly.... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I've found the new Pachmayr XLT to be the most comfortable for Trap. Noticeably better in recoil absorption over Kick-Eze.

AndyH

5. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

I've had good experience with limbsavers. I was out shooting one day and was able to compare the difference. Shot me nephews new 870 with the R3 (limbsaver) pad and then my older 870 without one. Big difference in shooting comfort. I bought a new pad for my 870 and replaced the pads on my 90T and my XT with limbsavers. I use straight pads, just my personal preference.

Joe

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

concave trapdude gooey pad. Far and away the most recoil absorbing i've found so far. All the other pads used to rub my shoulder raw (not recoil pain, almost a friction burn), not so w/ the gooey pad.

7. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

My personal favorite is a flat TrapDude/Gooey, or Super Gooey pad. Just had one installed at the Spring Grand by Tom Larkin owner of the Stock Shop, excellent pad and excellent installation by Tom. I've used the Gooey pads for many years on my trap guns.

Tom Strunk

8. shrek

shrek Active Member

the thickest kick-eez modified trap pad is my favorite.

Along with a HART adjustable pull hardware allows me to get the largest most comfortable contact area on my shoulder

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gooey Pads used to be my favorite. Now, KickEeze are my favorite. Gooey Pads might become my favorite again. Both are good products. I do change pads every year or so and I have never removed one from the box that was not already perfectly fitted to my stock.

Pat Ireland

10. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

I have a couple Gooey's with 30,000 rounds of use, and all I see is just a little wear at the heal and toe. I switched to a curved Gooey, but I think either of my original 1" or 1 1/4" Gooey's would be good for another 30,000 rounds. They are soft and reliable, with emphasis on soft.

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

The solid red rubber one attached to a factory original mint Win M21 or M12 duck.

12. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Agree with few others above. The concave gooey gives me a consistent mount with very good recoil absorbtion. I use 7/8" in winter and 1" in summer.

13. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Kick-eze Modified trap, 15/16".

14. rookie tim

rookie tim TS Member

I like the Pachmayr T660. It is super soft. I put one on my XT, now after a friend of mine compared it to his Terminator pad, I have to put one on his BT. Great pad.

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

My favorite one is the Seehase Pad's wished I had bought more of them back then takes the kick out of the old pump guns also you can add insert's to shoot high powered rifles.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/products/?action=view&current=pads002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

16. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I like the Kick-Eez so much I bought out their entire supply of colored pads. Now all I've got are the bright red ones... Wished they still had the bright breen and orange one. Easy to spot my gun in the rack or if someon is hositing it up.

I have a ton to sell.

[​IMG]

Whiz

17. 4130

4130 TS Member

E/M name & address so can purchase one price to include postage thank's.

18. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

I've recently replaced the old pad on my ASE Gold with a Limsaver. This new pad beats the Kickeez pads on my Trap guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bright orange recoil pad
gooey or kickease
kick eez bright orange recoil pad
kickeeze trap pad
seehase recoil pad

who sells kickease recoil pads inthis area