1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite place to buy bullets? (Not shells)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xringjim, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Looking for the cheapest, best place to buy handgun bullets. Anyone got a favorite? Thanks, Jim

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

WalMart, good bullets for plinking ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I assume you are talking bullets/components to reload?! If so, go to any of the good forums and you will find plenty at a reasonable price to choose from! For example, master cast bullets out of Illinois is where I have been buying my 45 acp. Excellent and accurate and very cost effective-for example, I paid $68 delivered for 1000- 200 grn lswc for the 45 acp. I also hear good things about Penn bullets out of Pa. but more expensive. Lot of good places sir! Tom Rhoads

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I buy my lead handgun bullets from Missouri Bullets (URL above). They offer several hardness grades and pass along some interesting information about bullet hardness and barrel leading - harder isn't always better when loading target-level ammo. Most of their bullets run $32-$38 per 500 and they use USPS Flat Rate shipping - I just received three boxes of 500 bullets each from the and the shipping was $13.

The only bullet I use that they don't offer is a hollow-base wadcutter in .357" diameter. They have to be swaged and like a lot of lead bullet vendors, they cast only.

Ed

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Friendswood Bullet Co in texas.

Most 38 size are about 6 cents each.

Lots of sources out there, I like this one.

HM

6. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

So far, the best I've found are those sold at Missouri. I shoot 9mm all the way up to 45colt. With the flat rate included my cost is right at 8.25%cts a bullet on average. I'll check out the Friends and Mastercast sites today. Thanks for the feedback guys.

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Try Extreme Bullets, xtremebullets.com.

I shoot a lot of their plated bullets and find them to be as accurate as the much more expensive jacketed bullets.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This one is in Milwaukee area, Hartland to be exact. Product and prices look good.

HM

9. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

I second Friendswood Bullet.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

About the best price for lead bullets in popular handgun calibers is from Widener's Reloading Supply.

They also have bulk jacketed bullets, buy enough and shipping is included in price.

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I shoot .38 spl for PPC. I purchase from Magnus bullets using their 148 gr HBWC

12. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

Natchez Shooters Supplies has everything needed for metallic reloading and great to deal with,shipping is fast and they have some great sales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.