1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite "Mountain Oyster" breading

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jimborn, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

I got NUTS!!! A bunch, fresh off the bull!!! I have always used flour and cracker crumbs, any other ideas??? Have always deep fat fried the balls, what else if any?? I got a BUNCH!!!! Jim from Western Nebraska

2. Kevin Nelson

Kevin Nelson Member

Favorite

Dip in egg and then cracker crumbs, Yum Yum

3. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Favorite

Fresh from the fryer, a bottle of good hot sauce like Tapatio and a cooler full of long-necked Buds and you're in business, my friend!

4. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Favorite

Take a cube of butter bout 1 clove sliced garlic some pepper get it nice and hot and drop them puppies in. Then when they are done you slide them on a slice of bread or cracker and wash them down with some cold Buds.

5. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Favorite

My gosh, I grew up farming and never ate bull balls. What the heck. There are way too many other good parts on a steer. Why eat his nuts????

Steve

6. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Favorite

Sick man! Just flat out sick! Anybody got a barf bag on them that they're not using?

7. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Favorite

Jim, aren't you glad there are people out there that just don't know what they're missing by not enjoying a good "nut" fry. That just leaves more for those of us that do! BBB

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Favorite

Just use cracker crumbs mashed and mixed with Louisiana Hot Sause, the Red stuff. Mix well to make a paste to roll the balls in. Gives a whole new meaning to "Hot Nuts, Red Hot Nuts."

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Favorite

There are some really really sick people here. I would literally starve to death before I ate one of those nasty things. Disgusting doesn't even describe it.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=puke.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

10. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Favorite

Well,

Up until this time in my life, I have been thankful to the Dear Lord for having made it possible for me to afford the better cuts of the bovine.

Kind of like pickled pigs feet and Chitlins just can not get over where they have been and whats been in them.

Now on the other hand I have fed my dogs boocoo calf nuts over the years, when cutting calves.

11. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Favorite

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I guess when your traveling to a shoot and just happen to stop in McDonald's or one of the other burger joints and enjoy that 100% beef hamburger, you assume it is made from the "finer cuts of bovine". 100% beef means that it is beef, that's all, just beef. It doesn't advertise 100% beef steak, hamburgers, does it? Calf nuts are 100% beef.

Now that I have planted that "seed", no pun intended, I'll be quiet.LOL

12. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Favorite

I bet moutian oysters are better than most hot dogs (and better for you). Heck at least we know whats in that cut of meat!!!

13. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Favorite

Like I said, 100% pure, lean, beef.

14. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Favorite

BigBob, you bad!

15. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Favorite

Mountain oysters really aren't bad - the ones we get are from calves. I don't really think there are many Cabayerros that are brave enough to try cutting a bull. Cut into strips breaded and fried - have a ball. (yes the dogs like em too)

That is just for appetizers -Now for premium dining, properly prepared beef tongue will run with the very best fillet.

16. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Favorite

Nothing like a cold toungue sandwich with mustard and mayo on white bread. Or a scrambled pork brains and egg sandwich.

17. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

Favorite

Louisiana Hot Sauce may be what I'll throw in as well. Holy cow, (pardon the pun) I really don't know why anyone would not like them. Can't wait to fry them suckers up, watch some College football, have a cold Budweiser, pet the dogs, and praise the bovine that provides. (Dip in egg first, or milk first before the crumbs???) Thanks folks. Jim from Western Nebraska GO BIG RED!
    PS Would an
    Amber Bock be better???

18. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Favorite

Have a great fry........Wish I could join ya!
    D.P.Reynolds GO Maryland!!!

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Favorite

If you've ever eaten a hot dog or cold cut, you have eaten them, plus any other part to the carcass that no one will buy

20. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Favorite

Love the mountain oysters. My dad use to really like eating blood sausage for breakfast. I can still see him soaking up the blood from the sausage with white bread. Wow, I just couldn't do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

breading for rocky mountain oysters use crackers