1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

favorite gun stolen

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slayer, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

i guess the purpose of this thread is just to vent. My sweetheart of a trap gun was taken from me on wednesday night. lMy fault for not bringing it in the house, i suppose. Some punk took it right out of my truck. If any mid michigan residents see a bt-99 with 32 in barrel and R.A.D. setup on the stock for sale, please alert me here. I replaced it already with a golden clays but it doesn't feel or shoot near the same. So much for this summers shooting. thanks Bill in MI

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Not your fault that a criminal stole your property.

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Consider the idea that it was not random, how many other vehicles were vandalized? I make an effort to place and remove weapons from my car when others are not looking, even a 5 year old can identify a gun case. Sorry to hear it, some BT's are just better than others and can't be replaced.

Robert

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Who lives next door?

5. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

Got a serial number. Mason team shoot this weekend.

6. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

Sorry that happened.

Make sure the PD has the ser # Tell them you will be requesting a copy of the police report later. This makes them take the extra step to fill out the NCIC ATF entry, even if you don't want the report.

PD evidence rooms are filled to the roof with guns from unknown owners. In all cases of domestic violence, child abuse, etc..they can and will remove the guns from the home. When they take one in they have to fill out a form and enter it, then they would get a hit back.

Pawn shops run ser #'s 90% of the time these guns turn up, 80% of the time owners never see them again because the simple paperwork was never done.

If everything is done correct you have a good chance of getting it back at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.