1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Gin/

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Gin and Tonic my favorite adult beverage, I've tried many different gins, Blue s
    Saphire, 10, Henrick's,Tanquery,always retunr to my favorite, BeefEaters Dry. the others are to sweet. Tried a local called River Rose from Iowa didn't care for that one at all. So any other gin fans and whats your choice? PS I like the sugar free tonic better that the sugar sweetened version.

2. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

I normally buy Plymouth for my martinis. By far my favorite.

3. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bombay sapphire.

Doug

4. d endicott

d endicott Member

I prefer tanquery on the rock.

5. Urbans

Urbans Member

A local distiller by the name of"Pickney Bend" has a gin that they produce, it is 93 proof that won a gold medal in San Francisco, that is so smooth I think it is dangerous. The distillery is located on the banks of the Missouri River, in beautiful downtown New Haven, Missouri. It was a Christmas gift from a good friend. Sometimes new is good. Ed Freise

6. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

With tonic it doesn't matter.

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

NONE,,,,,,Made the mistake of getting sick off of Gin quite a few years ago at an after work party.Just the smell of Gin to this day,turns my stomach.How was I supposed to know,the one bottle I picked was the bosses personal stock,over 100 proof Gin,by the time he got out of his meeting maybe 15 min or so,I had the bottle drained.He was a little P Oed,He asked everyone WHO got into his personal stock,ALL eyres turned towards me.LMAO,,only time that I couldn't hit the Key hole when I got home,wife opened door for me from inside,YOU can imagine the rest,LOL.

Doug H.

8. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Doug - I can just imagine that story! A guy I sailed with back in 1979 or 1980 got like that at an after work party one night. We were working afternoon shift, and after work we hit the bar, and when it closed, the house of one of the single guys. Bob was "just stopping in the bar for one", the "just going to Dave's for one", then "going home right as soon as I finish this beer/drink/beer/etc.".

He finally did leave for home when he realised the sun was rising. He made it all the way without any incident (that he remembers), and even remembered to not block his wife's car in, as she had to work that morning. As you did, he had a hard time finding the keyhole, and when he did, and started to unlock the door, his wife pulled it open, costing him the only support he had keeping him upright, and he crashed to the floor at her feet, giving him a fat lip and a bloody nose!

She merely looked down at him, said "We won't do THIS again, will we?", stepped over him, and went out the door to work.

He didn't stop for a beer after work until our crew was broken up and posted to other ships, months later.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

If your doing tonic then what diff does it make? Straight up is the only way to drink it and it must be Bombay Saphire for me. Tanguerey is offensive to me. If I cant get Bombay I will buy Beefeaters

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Pour two ounces of Beefeaters in a shaker, add 1 tablespoon/ or a splash of dry vermouth, add ice. Stir for 20 seconds, strain into a chilled glass, add an olive or two. Done.

Wayne

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Bombay Sapphire. Then Wayneo's recipe, though I like shaken, with two Mezzetta Jalapeno stuffed Olives. Only reason for the Jalapeno Olives, besides the flavor, is to give it some bit, otherwise you don't realize you are drinking Gin. SMOOOOOOTH! That is until you get up off the chair. LOL

12. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Oddly, cheap old Gordon's is my favorite with tonic but in a martini it's Bombay Sapphire. The drier the better with a few bleu cheese stuffed olive.

13. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Beefeaters for Martinis. Sapphire for G&T's. When mixing Martini's I sometimes add a cap full of vodka to 4oz of gin along with the cap full of dry vermouth. One a day keeps the Dr. away. My happy hours don't last nearly as long as they used to. gyrine

14. Bruce Specht

Bombay and Tanquery are to sweet for my taste in a Gin and tonic. Beefeaters Dry or 10 for me

15. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Gin is girl's whiskey.....

Guy B--just sayin'

16. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I'll go with Sapphire............

D.P.Reynolds

17. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

The sign on name says it all!

18. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

After living in Australia for a few years I got to like their favorite gin, Gordon's.

Cheers,

George

19. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I only drank gin once. Went to the beach with some college friends and one of them had a huge jug of ice cold pink lemonade which was half cheap gin. I woke up wretching about 10 hours later still on the beach with a few hundred mosquito bites. Oh to be young again!

20. Bruce Specht

Guy B wiskey is for sissys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.