1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite deer sausage

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jimborn, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

In your travels, what is your favorite deer sausage recipe???

2. EE

EE Banned User Banned

My own. 3 parts Deer to 1 part bacon, Morton's sausage seasoning, extra sage and extra ground red pepper. Sometimes I'll add onion.

EE

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

KLEMPKE SAUSAGE HAUS in Slaton Texas

YUM YUM !!!!

4. EE

EE Banned User Banned

And their recipe is?

EE

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

EE,

says it right, sausage without sage is burger.

EE, my buddy just bought a commercail cuber at an auction. we been running all the rounds steaks through it with great results, I'll give your mustard a try.

6. bird_buster

bird_buster TS Member

I have had several deer proccesed at Nolacheks in Thorp, WI. They are fantastic and have won many awards. If you beg and plead you may get some insight from them.
    http://nolechekmeats.com/

BTW- Have you ever tried slicing and then smoking any of the meat? I have had this done as well and it is fantastic. Goes great at parties with crackers and cheese.
    Take that Rachel Ray!!!

7. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

go to eldonssausage.com they have all you need for all types of suasage and jerky. I like the summer sausage mix just add 10% beef fat to your trimmed deer meet. I use the neck, shanks, and anything that I can't cut for jerky strips. They also have they 2 1/2 inch casings for the summer sausage. Then put it in the over until the inner temp. is 155 degrees. I add musturd seed to mine. Mark Mauch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.