1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Faulty Brown XT Combo Un-Single front rib adjuster

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coachken, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coachken

coachken TS Member

Anyone experienced problems with the thumb wheel rib adjuster on the front of the Browning XT Combo Un-Single barrel set. Mine appeared to be stripped out, letting the front of the rib move up and down freely. Sent it to Browning last Sept. I got it back WEEKS LATER and it appeared fine. Now it is starting to go bad again. You can actually move the thumb wheel adjusting stud up and down without turning it. I have had put duct tape on the front of the rib, hoping to stabilize it together until I can show it to the Browning armors at the Grand. Obviously... not very happy with Browning or their service center!

Ken Gordon

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You're not the only one!!

3. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

My wife bought an XT Unsingle from GunsUnlimited last year. The adjuster was stripped right out of the box. Took it to authorized Browning Service Center. The had it about 2 weeks...then sent it off to Browning. They had it about 6 weeks....and sent it back repaired. Seems OK so far. Buddy had same problem with Cynergy. Took to service center.....they sent the barrel to Browning...2 weeks later Browning said they wanted the complete gun....Sent it.....4 weeks later Browning says it cant be fixed....but for $1150 they'll send him a new barrel. Browning customer service SUX! I know he'll not buy anymore Brownings..nor will I. Unfortunately....they don't care!

4. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Was the Cynergy under warranty?

5. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I dont believe the Cynergy was under warranty. If it were me I would not have sent it to Browning in the first place. The problem I have with that is they first got the barrel....kept it for a while, then requested the whole gun...kept it a while.....then decided it couldn't be fixed. Not just repaired under warranty.....but could not be repaired at all. Just hard for me to grasp.

6. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Browning has a huge product line and it takes forever to get things actually worked on. I had to send back a 3 month old XT for a small crack in the forearm. You can track your repairs and it took 3 months to get this done - but over 2 months of that were spent with my gun in a queue waiting to be assigned to a gunsmith. Once it moved from the queue it was done in a week and on its way back. They need to hire more gunsmiths.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.