1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

= Faucets w/ Integrated Supply Lines? =

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I went shopping for kitchen faucets today and many have "Integrated Supply Lines" which are permanently attached and look cheap. Even an otherwise nice looking and rather pricey Kohler had them.

When I pick up a kitchen faucet, I want it to be heavy and have threaded brass stems on the back. Especially if it costs $150-$200. Am I wrong? Have Intergrated Supply lines been around long enough to find out of they're reliable?

-Gary

2. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

I was a plumber for over 30 years.Do not like the integrated supply lines.If you want a good,well made faucet,go for a T&S brass unit.You'll have to go to a supply house,or shop on line but there still built to last.Just my humble opinion.

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Recently did a kitchen remodel and used Moen. Nice faucet just a bit pricy but well made and functions perfectly. Bob
    [​IMG]

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I am not a plumber or plumbing professional by any means, but I have had to do repairs in every house I ever lived in, including one that was professionally built new. The one time I had to change out a faucet with integrated supply lines I actually liked them from a repair point of view. Crawling up behind the underside of the sink and trying to loosen the line fittings that are corroded solid can be unpleasent. The integrated lines put the fitting connections where they can be more easily accessed. I actually like changing out a faucet cartridge and "O"ring better than dealing with the old fashioned stem packings and faucet washers and trying to smooth corroded valve seats so the washers will hold.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Moen all the way. Buy the best - spend a little more, it will pay off. If you want to really step up buy a Grobe. I have one of those also and it is wonderful

6. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Been in the business for 35 years, one word Moen, but not the hardware line, go to a plumbing wholesaler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
faucet has integrated supply lines
faucet with integrated supply line
integrated lines faucet
integrated supply line

integrated supply lines

integrated supply lines on the facuet
intragrated supply line kitchen faucets