1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FATHERS DAY vs. MOTHERS DAY

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Well first of all, happy fathers day to all of you fathers out there. My wife and I had some friends over last night and we got on the subject of the differences on fathers day vs. mothers day. Years ago, a typical fathers day for me entalied my wife closing the bedroom door and telling the kids not to wake me. She wanted me to get some extra sleep. She had the children either make me something for the big day, or she took them shopping to a sporting goods store so they could purchase something that I really wanted for the big day. When I woke up, the kids would give me their gifts, my wife would make me a nice breakfast, we would go to church, and then I would go shooting. On this day, I had no time constraints, it was just a good time, doing anything that I desired. When I got back home, my wife would make me my favorite dinner on the grill which was and still is baby back ribs. Usually fathers day was a great relaxing day for me.

Mothers day- Years ago, I would have the kids make my wife breakfast in bed. The kids did not want my help making breakfast, so they would start with pancakes. Oh, what a mess they would make. Then they would make bacon, grease all over the stove, and toast usually burnt. They would pour milk and juice, usually spilled. They would then wake up my wife, nice and early, and wish her happy mother's day. My wife would act surprised, and try to eat the food they just tried to make. They would jump into bed with her, sometimes spilling the food and drinks while my wife was in the bed, some landing on her and on the bed. My wife would thank them, then she would walk into the kitchen and I am sure she just wanted to scream, looking at the mess they made. We would go to church, come back, we would all ask if we could help clean up the kitchen, and she said the children would help her and I should go shooting. As I was leaving, I would yell, have a happy mothers day! Lets face it, most mothers days are not that different than any other day a mother endures.

Let's face it, our wives make fathers day a lot easier on us than mothers day. To all the mothers out there, thanks for making fathers day a day that I look forward to. You are the glue that keep families going. When most fathers are sick, the world usually stops. When a mother is sick, they are expected to keep on going like they normally do. Thanks for making fathers day an easy day for most of us fathers.
    Steve Balistreri

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I think my ex gave my kids the idea but every year I get a Fathers Day card that says "Happy Father's Day, You Mother" (You MotherXXXXer was a term of endearment from her, so I took it as such) ... It helps to have a sense of humor in life and a good Divorce Lawyer, I was Blessed with both ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

That was nice, Steve. I hope you are having a great father's day.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Thank you Archy. It feels good to have someone wish me a happy Fathers day on Fathers day. Usually i get a few calls on Mothers day wishing me a Happy Mothers day. Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.