1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Father's Day Picnic.... Oregon style....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Father

View attachment 248157

Picnic at Horsetail Falls in the Columbia River Gorge, about a half hour from home. Yes, it's raining. It's Oregon, whaddaya gunna do? (Kids are Heather, 16, and Sean, 20.)

View attachment 248158

We later hiked to Bridal Veil Falls. Here are the kids at the base of the falls.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Looks like you had a good day.

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Couple of really nice looking kids, Brian. You did good!

Beautiful scenery too...........What a way to spend Father's Day!

Hauxfan!

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Brian, have you ever done the hike from Larch Mountain to Multnomah Falls? If not, you should.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Brian,

Your wife must be a beauty cuz your daughter sure don't take after you (just kidding, now.)

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Larry, I have not done Larch Mountain to Multnomah Falls. I've gone up that trail, but only as far as the furthest waterfall, then backtracked and went laterally on another trail.

Sean did a 53 mile hike from the Barlow Pass across Mt. Hood above Timberline, then down the west face to Wahtum Lake, dropping into the Eagle Creek canyon.

A few weeks ago Heather and I hiked the old abandoned highway (made in 1914) around Tooth Rock, then came back on the 1870's wagon road that runs over the top. That must have been pretty hairy with a wagon and a team of horses. Location is easy to find... Tooth Rock is where the eastbound lanes of I-84 run through a tunnel near Bonneville Dam. Eagle Creek, where Sean came out, is just east of Tooth Rock.

It's really nice living so close to the Columbia River Gorge. In the summer when I get home from work we'll drive out to a waterfall and have a dinner picnic. It's especially fun when the roof is off of the Land Cruiser.

-0-

Timb99, what's interesting is when Heather stands next to her two twin cousins on my side. They look like triplets.

7. TC

TC TS Member

Congratulations Brian, looks like you have done a good job. Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

where to take dad for fathers day picnic in oregon