1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Father Handles Disrespectful Behavior

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by PNT, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PNT

PNT Member

Copy and paste

http://www.wtvr.com/news/ktvi-father-shoots-daughters-computer-for-disrespectful-facebook-post-20120210,0,5687147.htmlstory

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

"Father" needs to talk to someone - I think he has real problems. Guns are not toys. Never ever react to emotions with a gun. What is he going to shoot next??

3. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

Lets see he puts a roof over her head, food in her belly, cloths on her back and yet she disrespects him and his wife like that on facebook, not once but twice. Only was grounded the first time, your right Gary maybe he should just let her walk all over him after all that is what is wrong with society today. I would have shot the laptop the first time and sent her ass packing the second.

John MI

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Gary's a lib they love to live in fantasy land, coddle her until she is totally useless, then the government can take care of her

I think the guy did what needed to be done, and her cell phone should have been there with the laptop

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

You need to ask how things got this far. the kid is 16 years old. What has been going on in that house for the past 15 years? (and my wife and I raised 3 daughters - yes there were trying times but using a gun is not an example one should set - smoking is not an example one should set either - going tit for tat on faceboook is childish). looks like a disfunctional family to me.

6. TjayE

TjayE Member

Gary, you have the same 'train of thought' that I have, She didn't get this way over night. Tom

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If he did shoot the computer while it was in her room YES i would have a problem with that. He took her computer outside and shot it. Well lets say he shot A computer.

Either way I say he didn't do a thing wrong at all. He put a 15 year old in her place. I don't think he went off in a dangerous way at all. I think he made a very clear point to her. You disrespect us this is what happens. You don't listen to us then this is what happens.

Wish more parents would stand up to their brats. We would have less problems in school and in the streets.

8. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think the normal thing to do was just take it away. What does shooting it prove? Maybe thats why he's on his second wife...

Doug

9. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

7 1/2's or 8's?

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

10. Auctioneer

If the computer was just put away she knows she will get it back some day. Distroyed its gone for good till she buys one to replace it. Cost of the computer, cost of the soft ware, she will listen better.

Todays parents will not punish their kids. They think they need a talking to. Spare the rod my ass, go out and get a good hickory switch and go to it. I'm not saying beat them but just give them an attiude adjustment. Nothing wrong with that. You have to start at an early age so they know right from wrong as they grow older.

11. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Just watched the video - good for him -

rm

12. Auctioneer

I think there are more for him then against him.

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

He might have proved a big point, but did he bring his daughter any closer to him?

Kinda sad.

14. cnsane

cnsane Member

Lemme see,,, shoot the computer, lose a computer. Spank your own child, lose your gun rights(effing lautenberg). Decision seems clear to me.

15. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Wow, what a great advertisement for gun haters. Destroying an expensive inanimate object with a 45. Yes he did it outside but with cars traveling in the background. No berm or backstop.

Really smart and well thought out.

I get his frustration but taking it away and selling in on Ebay would be just as effective without the gun drama. He's as childish as his kid.

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

That was hilarious and anybody with self-indulgent, spoiled children was thrilled to see it. Unfortunately, this was probably just a skit to entertain people and the laptop in question was most likely obsolete, broken or both. Oh yea, and the ground looked like a pretty god backstop to me- LOL.

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    When my daughter needs a time out from her computer, I just pull the USB wireless card from it and put it in my gun safe. She can still use the computer to write school reports and print them, but no Internet.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The gun bashers would not be happy if he used a sledge hammer on the computer, would they?

HM

19. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

She would get nothing until she turned 18 and moved out! She would not get her license, another computer, cell phone and she would not date. Sucks to be her, for all of you liberal retards, that means she has to take RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER ACTIONS!!!!!! Kids of today have no fear of consequenses for their actions. They feel they can do whatever they want and get away with it. She was grounded for a previous incident and lost her computer, did she learn NO, so now she gets it even worse. Obviously the father could shoot in his yard because you do not hear of any problems with the law and he was shooting straight into the ground. If that were my daughter and she disrespected my wife and I like that, her life would become a living hell.

And yes, I have kids and grandkids, and they are respectful and loved very much

I support the father 100% and I do not care what some LIBERAL RETARD thinks.

Oscar

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Do you think he got her attenetion? Good for him!

Background for the bullets? Give me a break. He shot directly into the ground.

This guy has become a national celebrity overnight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.