1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fasting till Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

This morning I ate my last meal (hopefully) till Thanksgiving. 7 or 8 years ago I started a tradition of fasting the days before turkey day. Back around 2002 or 2003 my Mother called me and asked what I wanted for Christmas dinner. She was having Christmas at her house. I replied it didn't matter. It didn't matter because in what is a tribute to the wealth of this country it seems like we eat like it is Christmas Day every day in this country any more.

Years ago when I was a kid we only had turkey maybe 2 times a year: Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Christmas in our family back then was rolled roast beef. Not until the 80s did we have shrimp, and that was once a year. Now every damn Chinese restaurant in town has it every day.

So that is when I decided to start fasting before Thanksgiving. To try and make it special again.

I made my one annual trip to the local "Golden Corral" for breakfast this morning. I pigged out and with the image of all those fat people stuffing themselves at the Corral trough, will hopefully keep me from eating anything until Thanksgiving.

Last year - Tuesday seemed to be the tough day, Wednesday was a breeze. Hope I make it this year. I still consume all the "Diet Coke" I can drink though. I could never give that stuff up.

bon appetit.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Bon chance, mon ami. HMB

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

You might want to keep an eye on Bumpus' hounds come Thursday. ;-)

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Well Bisi, I was pre-cooking several side dishes tonight and as I "sampled" them I thought of you and your fast. I hope you made it. Either way I respect your effort.

Enjoy the feast tomorrow :)

-Gary

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

OOPS! I am FEASTING until Thanksgiving. After tomorrow, back to the proper diet and exercise grindstone. I typically put on a few pounds around Thanksgiving, and lose it before Christmas.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

EAT, Bisi -- EEEEEAT!!

-Gary

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Stop eating, Bisi - you're going to explode!

-Gary

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Yeah, the turkey never tasted better!

I didn't eat anything from Sunday at breakfast till I got the turkey out of the oven about 10 this am.

Don't know how smart that was, but it was something to do. The one postive was the extra sleep time. Every morning I got to sleep in, because I didn't have to fix breakfast, make a brown bag lunch or wash the dishes.

Won't do it again till next year, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.